Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basics of boxing and nutrition what are they?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basics of boxing and nutrition what are they?

So I really want to start practicing boxing. I use to have a trainer but I was never motivated to train by myself. I ended up quitting and giving up on it. It's different now though, I feel like I should really take up boxing again. Here is the diet and exercise routine he told me to do.

Diet
    Lots of Fruit and Vegetables
    No Trans Fat (hydrogenated oils)
    Lot of Protein and Fiber
    No Feeling Stuffed
    Lots of Water
    No Coffee, Sodas, Tea

Is there anything else I should stay away from or is that a good list? Also it's really hard to get a lot of protein. He never explained to me if I should be getting those protein powders.

Day 1
    3 Sets of Push Ups
    2 Sets of Military Presses
    2 Sets of Chair Ups
    2 Sets of Shoulder Raises
    15 Minutes at Least of Cardio

Day 2
    2 Sets of Bent Over Rows
    3 Sets of Pull Ups
    2-3 Sets of Bicep Curls
    3 Sets of Abs (Flutter Kicks, Bicycle, Sit Ups)
    3 Sets of Lunges

Now you see the question I have with routine is that is this the type of routine a heavy weight in-boxer would use? I don't even know if in-boxing is a real term, I heard it in a anime of boxing (Nerdy I know right!)

I weight about 300-310 pounds. My body fat is 46% percent if I remember correctly. I am 6 feet tall and Mexican. I don't if this information well help to figure out what kind of routine I should have.
    Last edited by MarcoMartinez.A; 07-15-2014, 01:42 AM. Reason: Mistakes

fruits veggies meats fibers water.
    minimal fat salt sugar etc.
    everything should be cardio based for you.
    if u want to box, those day 1 2s not enough u need to work on techniques etc.
    good luck fatty
    Last edited by nivek535; 07-15-2014, 01:53 AM.

Comment

I'm presuming the pull ups are on an assisted pull up machine

Replace sit ups with leg raises

Is all this done at home or in a gym?

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoMartinez.A View Post
        So I really want to start practicing boxing. I use to have a trainer but I was never motivated to train by myself. I ended up quitting and giving up on it. It's different now though, I feel like I should really take up boxing again. Here is the diet and exercise routine he told me to do.

Diet
        Lots of Fruit and Vegetables
        No Trans Fat (hydrogenated oils)
        Lot of Protein and Fiber
        No Feeling Stuffed
        Lots of Water
        No Coffee, Sodas, Tea

Is there anything else I should stay away from or is that a good list? Also it's really hard to get a lot of protein. He never explained to me if I should be getting those protein powders.

Day 1
        3 Sets of Push Ups
        2 Sets of Military Presses
        2 Sets of Chair Ups
        2 Sets of Shoulder Raises
        15 Minutes at Least of Cardio

Day 2
        2 Sets of Bent Over Rows
        3 Sets of Pull Ups
        2-3 Sets of Bicep Curls
        3 Sets of Abs (Flutter Kicks, Bicycle, Sit Ups)
        3 Sets of Lunges

Now you see the question I have with routine is that is this the type of routine a heavy weight in-boxer would use? I don't even know if in-boxing is a real term, I heard it in a anime of boxing (Nerdy I know right!)

I weight about 300-310 pounds. My body fat is 46% percent if I remember correctly. I am 6 feet tall and Mexican. I don't if this information well help to figure out what kind of routine I should have.
        Although coffee and tea are diuretics, the myth that they dehydrate you have recently been debunked and are fine to consume. Eat protein, carbs, and healthy fats. (avacado, olive oil, peanut butter) eatin healthy fats will help keep the fat off. When it comes to workin, just work. Start with walking/swimming. Do what you wana do but just do it.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          I'm presuming the pull ups are on an assisted pull up machine

Replace sit ups with leg raises

Is all this done at home or in a gym?
          Well he told me to do the pull ups with the help of my table, its all done at home. So why would I want to replace sit ups with leg raises

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
            fruits veggies meats fibers water.
            minimal fat salt sugar etc.
            everything should be cardio based for you.
            if u want to box, those day 1 2s not enough u need to work on techniques etc.
            good luck fatty
            So all the cardio should be for losing the fat correct? Should I ask my trainer to teach me techniques or google em? Ha yeah right now I am a fatty but that well change.

Comment

Ignore the "only do cardio" advice

Try to have 3 times the amount of veggies compared to fruit, the diet guidelines he gave are great.

Don't do push-ups or pull-ups right now.

Comment

Well he told me to do the pull ups with the help of my table, its all done at home. So why would I want to replace sit ups with leg raises
                Because leg raises activate your transverse abdominus more whereas sit-ups primarily engage the rectus abdominus and with your current situation exercises to work out the transverse abdominus is more beneficial .

YouTube or Google "lower ab" exercises and do those.

Comment

So all the cardio should be for losing the fat correct? Should I ask my trainer to teach me techniques or google em? Ha yeah right now I am a fatty but that well change.
                  why not both ask and google haha
                  btw i mean no offense calling you a fatty , i like hard working fat ppl who aren't afraid to admit they're fat. train hard fatty

Comment

It's less important what you eat than how much of it you eat. Weight loss or gain is entirely dependant upon your caloric intake and expenditure. Figure out about how much you expend each day and make sure you eat fewer calories than that each day. If you have a caloric deficit of 500 calories a day you'll lose a pound of fat a week since each pound of fat has 3500 calories.

Eating healthy is great but it's not going to influence your weight loss.

Also if you gain muscle it increases your BMR so you expend more calories each day just being alive so weight lifting is beneficial. In the end the excercise that you'll actually do is the best excercise though.

Comment

Working...
                    X