Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Brandon Rios vs. Lucas Matthysse at 140 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a very interesting fight and I say a 50/50 one. Promotional issues will be a big problem. Oh well...

EDIT: Now there's a very doable fight in lucas versus garcia. Will GBP let this fight happen in the near future?
    Last edited by kadyo's; 11-14-2012, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Matthysse by K.O just about anytime he feels like it.

Comment

Matthyse boy punches will be key in this fight.

Comment

Matthysse is good enough to avoid taking too much punishment, while at the same time really laying it on Rios. He'd win a very fun fight to fight, and while Rios would have moments he would take a very bad beating.

Comment

Originally posted by cawadoody
            Quote:

Originally Posted by chav

Matthysse by tko/ corner stoppage.

What a fine fight this would be, but not a good fight for Rios's health with the amount of heavy shots to the head he would eat

Come on son! Robert Garcia wouldn't stop it for nothing!
            And Margarito can thank him for that.

Matthysse by slaughter. He's a much better boxer than Alvarado and hits harder. Don't forget his bodywork either which is superb.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
              This is a very interesting fight and I say a 50/50 one. Promotional issues will be a big problem. Oh well...

EDIT: Now there's a very doable fight in lucas versus garcia. Will GBP let this fight happen in the near future?
              both are under GB, and if it happens, then at the very least they're doing something right. GB for me are more like liberals and TR more seasoned and conservative

Comment

Originally posted by cawadoody View Post
                Come on son! Robert Garcia wouldn't stop it for nothing!
                I think he would, he's very close to Rios so it appears, almost like family & there is only so much you can watch someone you love take a one sided beating before you have to call it a day and save them for another day. I think Matthysse could be the guy to get that happening out of anyone else at 140.

Comment

Rios is easy to hit and Matthysse is a fast very hard puncher with almost all of his fights ending with him the winner by KO. Rios is tough and game but he can be hurt and knocked down. Matthysse will KO Rios in my opinion and he does not need to wear him down. He can flatten Rios whenever he lands his bombs including the first round. Rios has good power but I think he will be getting hurt to much to land his own bombs and I have never seen Matthysse hurt in a fight. He is just as tough as Rios and a better boxer and a harder puncher.

Comment

I forgot to say that this would be a great fight while it lasts and a fight that I would love to see happen but almost certainly won't happen because of the promoter feud. Matthysse really deserves a tittle shot. I think only Pacquiao and Marquez have a chance to beat him at 140 and they might lose to him as well.

Comment

matthyse smashes tomato can into oblivion

Comment

Working...
                      X