Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your (personal) current top 10 HW ( based on skills)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really difficult to rate based on skills

Klitschko
    Solis
    Povetkin
    Pulev
    Haye
    Chagaev
    Adamek
    Helenius
    Luis Ortiz
    Mike Perez

This would be the 10 I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
      Not enough Wilder on these lists
      He hasn't faced a top 30 opponent dude.he has looked impressive in what he has achieved so far,but he doesn't deserve a place within any top ten ranking,I haven't included Fury or Chisora on mine,I would have had Haye if he hadn't retired.

Wilder needs to step up his opposition.I have fears for him should he face Arreola or Stiverne,without having faced anyone with a pulse beforehand.Austin,Guinn,Johnson or Cunningham would be a raise in class of opponent,he needs rounds,what happens when he is drawn into the mid rounds ? We known nothing about the guy aside from he packs a mean punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
        Adamek below Arreola ! C'mon please,Adamek scored a legit majority decision in Cris's back yard.

Personally I would have Arreola above Wilder and Fury,in fact Wilder wouldn't be in my top ten,no way.I don't think Chisora has a place in their either.Haye yes is he retired,I don't know.

I'd also have Charr in a listing,I'm sure someone will poke their holes in mine but here it is.

Wlad
        Povetkin
        Pulev
        Stiverne
        Solis
        Perez
        Adamek
        Arreola
        Chagaev
        Charr

Chagaev and Charr definitely deserve an entry,Chagaev especially.I could see a case for Jennings instead of Charr or Jennings as well as Charr,but Chagaev is ahead of both of those guys,and is only behind Acamek and Arreola due to recent inactivity and calibre of recent opposition.

Perez and Solis I feel are about even,Perez for the style and manner in which he beat Mago,the same Mago who was blowing people away who'd never been stopped in the manner he'd stopped his opposition before.Perez deserves to be ahead of Solis actually,for dedication and recent exploits.Im sure we'll be even more convinced after his next victory.

I also feel Charr should really be ahead of Solis on merit,he's stopping the same guys earlier that Solis has faced,he has more application and heart,he is on, behind on skills therefore.
        In regards to Adamek and Aerrola,,, Adamek was better, but he has declined alot more than Arreola and at this moment i rate Arreola higher,, Adamek has looked old and shot since he took the vitali beating

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          In regards to Adamek and Aerrola,,, Adamek was better, but he has declined alot more than Arreola and at this moment i rate Arreola higher,, Adamek has looked old and shot since he took the vitali beating
          Old and shot based on the Chambers and USS fights ? Tbf,not many could have looked impressive given the manner in which Chambers and USS fought.USS fought like a girl on roller skates,and Chambers fought within a shell for 12 rounds.

You have to respect Adamek for his worth,he simply isn't a guy who could bulldoze the pair of them for all their anti and unpleasing fan friendly styles on those nights,yet it is Tomasz that shouldered the criticism,hardly surprisingly considering we're posting on an American website though huh.

I still rate Adamek,lets see how he performs vs Glazkov,hopefully their is no undermining subplots that evening.Im not hasty to judge on those two performances,I elect to look at his ability to raise himself from the canvass and nearly stop Walker in the same round he himself was dropped,until stopping him 3 rounds later and the manner in his victories over Aguilera in his first outing since his brutalising at the hands of Vitali,a full ten rounds of punishment yet only dropped once,considering height and weight disadvantages.also the complete shut out of Guinn after an 8 month lay off through fatigue.

I agree he hasn't looked the same,but I don't believe he is shot.like I said I'll wait until after the Glazkov fight to make judgement.but he really isn't due a title shot or an eliminator like Arreola has been gifted.anyone worth their salt would have looked impressive vs Mitchell,even Banks stopped that dude,it's like the Price fella from England,he made Thompson look world class when we all know he is just a wily,faded world challenger.

Comment

1. Wladimir Klitschko
            2. Kubrat Pulev
            3. Tyson Fury
            4. Tomasz Adamek
            5. Bermane Stiverne
            6. Chris Arreola
            7. Dereck Chisora
            8. Alexander Povetkin
            9. Odlanier Solis
            10. Tony Thompson

You can't entirely remove skills from resume. I suspect Arreola is the #2 HW behind Wlad, and I think he'll prove it in the next couple years, but at this point, his best wins are McCline from 5 years ago and Mitchell. Chagaev and Helenius have better resume's than many on this list and haven't been demonstrably exposed as declined, but are old or injured or inactive against top comp etc. Wilder and Perez are probably the other two frequently mentioned HW's here, but they haven't proved their skill at a high enough level. If Perez wins handily this month against Takam, then putting him in the top 10 will be more rational.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewa1 View Post
              1. Wladimir Klitschko
              2. Kubrat Pulev
              3. Tyson Fury
              4. Tomasz Adamek
              5. Bermane Stiverne
              6. Chris Arreola
              7. Dereck Chisora
              8. Alexander Povetkin
              9. Odlanier Solis
              10. Tony Thompson

You can't entirely remove skills from resume. I suspect Arreola is the #2 HW behind Wlad, and I think he'll prove it in the next couple years, but at this point, his best wins are McCline from 5 years ago and Mitchell. Chagaev and Helenius have better resume's than many on this list and haven't been demonstrably exposed as declined, but are old or injured or inactive against top comp etc. Wilder and Perez are probably the other two frequently mentioned HW's here, but they haven't proved their skill at a high enough level. If Perez wins handily this month against Takam, then putting him in the top 10 will be more rational.
              I seriously can't see a case for Chisora in the top let alone top seven,he is certainly above Thompson in any ranking whether that be top twenty or thirty say.but for me their is no way either are anywhere nr the top ten.Chisora looked suspect against some seriously poor opposition lately.ok he beat Malik Scott who for me is about on par with Jennings and personally a better boxer than Chisora.

Fury I find it hard to enter into the top ten but his wins over Johnson and USS (a fight I believe should have been ruled a no contest,and a rematch ordered due to the manner in which USS was clearly held against the ropes with a forearm across the facial/neck area),justify his ranking ahead of Wilder.but still not within the top ten.

Comment

Working...
              X