Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legs feeling really heavy when running since i started squatting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. You are not used to squatting yet and therefore your legs are fatigued longer and feel heavy.
    2. You don't do enough for recovery. Remember that just not doing something with your legs isn't recovery. Walking, stretching, light yoga, massage and foam rolling are recovery.
    3. It's partly mental. Your mental energy is going to squatting, your legs are feeling stiff after workout and the feeling of stiff and fatigued legs stays on your mind and when you run, you have negative placebo effect.

Keep training, eat well, sleep well, don't drink/smoke, do recovery exercises and get over the mental block that is telling you your legs are heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
      Are you squatting with weights?

More frequently squatting will prevent the 'heaviness'

for me, I can have brutal workout and then go sprinting the next day or running 6 miles but this is due to years of squatting heavy weights at high and low volume.
      Not true , it obviously depends on how many reps you are doing

Also as it relates to boxing doing only higher weights low reps isn't gonna be best....

Also make sure you contract the muscles and have good form
      Last edited by jas; 07-13-2014, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Stretch.........

Comment

Imo if you are going to squat you need to do it at least twice a week otherwise the soreness will never really go away.

Comment

Working...
          X