Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are all the pleas for Andre Ward to move up in weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TS

Broner brings it on himself. He himself said nobody at 140 poses a problem. He says he's the missing puzzle piece to boxing. He says he's unbeatable. He says he's Mr. HBO. He says he's about to take over the world of boxing.

While fighting the likes of Gavin Rees.

Do you hear Ward talk like this? Broner's mouth brings him all of this. If Broner didn't speak he'd be just another nice prospect with good potential, and instead of the 7,589 threads we have about him there'd probably be like 6 of them.

Comment

It's the other way around, Broner has yet to beat the real #1 LW Abril so I want him to stay there until he does but I want Ward to move up because he's cleaned out 168 (except for Dirrell but there's no hurry for this fight). A lot of people here want Ward to rematch Kessler or Froch but I'm not interested, I'd rather see Ward/Pascal.

Comment

At least a lot of you admit Ward should move up. Ward also has brought this on himself because he's said he plans to fight at Heavyweight before his career is over...so your excuses about him being a natural super middleweight is moot.

Comment

Broner should stay where he's at and clean out the division till he can't make weight anymore. He's young and should be in no hurry. Id have no problem with Ward moving up since he's already proven he's the best and pretty much cleaned out 168.

Comment

How about it?

I'm a big Andre Ward fan.

Would love to see him go up to 175 now and try and clean house unless there is something enticing keeping him at 168.

But I don't see it. A rematch with a victorious Kessler (assuming Kessler wins which I don't)?

Unless somebody worthy from 160 comin' up maybe? But who?

Nah. I'd love to see Ward do some campaigning at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
              Because Broner is huge at 135 beating up on midgets?

Ward appears to be natural at his weight but him moving up would be good too.
              And...

Ward actually fought the best of his weight division. Broner's saying he's moving up if he doesn't get Burns, and didn't acknowledge Vazquez when he was available. And what about Abril? Which leaves him at just DeMarco. Move up then. I'm actually a fan, it's a bit different than being a d*ckrider. I just want to see him against better competition.

As for Ward, I do think the perfect opportunity to move up would've been versus Dawson, instead it went the other way around. But yeah, I agree he should be looking at 175 soon since he's cleaned his division.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
                Broner fights 2 fights at Lightweight and people already saying he's ducking guys at 140 when he hasn't even moved up yet.

Why aren't you idiots urging Ward to do the same?

broner should move up because 135 is one of the worst divisions in boxing right now. their are no money fights at 135. at 140 there is garcia,khan,matthyssee,peterson,judah. there is no reason for broner not to move up. ward has already beat the top 175 pound fighter. even though they fought at 168. froch and kessler rematches bring more money than anybody ward could fight at 175. so to answer your question. the biggest fights ward can make are at 168 not 175. and the biggest fights broner can make are at 140 not 135

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
                  Broner fights 2 fights at Lightweight and people already saying he's ducking guys at 140 when he hasn't even moved up yet.

Why aren't you idiots urging Ward to do the same?
                  Dirrell, Stevenson, Kessler-Froch winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                    ward/cloud would be good. but he already beat dawson and hopkins said he won't fight him. so there's not a lot of options there. unlike for broner. 140 is loaded.

exactly!!!! there is nobody to fight at 135. at 140 he can fight garcia,khan,matthysse,peterson,judah.

Comment

Andre Ward should move up eventually and I think he will.

Comment

Working...
                      X