Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on the Ringside IMF Tech Bag Gloves? 14oz. ($54.99 on Ringside website)

or

what about the Lonsdale Club Training Gloves? ($49.99 on Ringside website)
    Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 07-23-2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• LEONE Supreme Hook & Loop boxing gloves

Has anyone ever used these glove or know anything about them?

I go through gloves pretty quickly, i buy new ones about every 8 months. Will the LEONE Supreme Hook & Loop last?

And also how do they compare to top brands like Grant or Reyes or Top Ten?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Anyone that can tell me what to buy when it comes to boxing shoes?
        Adidas or rival, any opinions?

Comment

• Originally posted by phox View Post
          Anyone that can tell me what to buy when it comes to boxing shoes?
          Adidas or rival, any opinions?
          if your willing to spend mizuno or asic boxing shoes. on a budget get the title boxing shoes mid cut. or a wrestling shoe get the asics mat flex. Adidas box hog I hear is good.

Comment

• Top ten boxing gloves review

I will be reviewing the 16 ounce top ten red boxing gloves. A little back story, I had two pairs of rival boxing gloves. One i used only for hitting the bags and the other I used only for sparring with the logic that the sparring gloves will stay in tact longer and thus be easier on sparring partners.

When my rival bag gloves imploded from a year of bag work, i opted to use my rival sparring gloves as my bag gloves and buy a new pair of sparring gloves.

My choice to go with top ten was largely influenced by the fact that the only top ten store in canada is located in my city (Ottawa, ON). So i just went to the store and picked them up as opposed to ordering online which I assume most people do to buy top ten products.

Now, the point of my review is to expose the manufacturing quality of top ten boxing gloves after 6 months of light use as exclusively sparring gloves. Therefore this will not be a "brand new" review.

What I can tell you about the gloves is that they have nice big finger compartments and feel great on your hand. The foam is mostly concentrated at the front of the glove which makes you hit with your fingers rather than the knuckles but overall I was happy with my purchase. At first glance the gloves APPEAR to be well made.

However after 6 months of SPARRING use (no bagwork whatsoever). They began to deteriorate on me with this as the final result:

Now for comparison, I will post the images of my current rival bag gloves which were my former sparring gloves. Keep in mind...these gloves were used for sparring for 1 year and 6 months of bag work.

As you can see...the rival gloves which have sustained 1 year of 3x a week sparring and 6 months of 3x a week bag work are essentially BRAND SPANKING NEW.

Its also important to note that both these gloves were stored in the EXACT same way for their respective life times. Both pairs of gloves had designated "glove socks" when not in use and the gym bag which i kept them in was always open for ventilation.

Now, heres the good part. As anyone can see...my top ten sparring gloves are unusable, and taking into account the information I have mentioned above, and the vastly superior quality of the rivals, I believed an exchange for a faulty 150$ product was in due order. As a side note, my main sparring partner and friend with the exact same gloves has the exact same ripping in the exactly same place on his jabbing hand (i will post pictures of his tomorrow).

So I go to the top ten store with my faulty top ten gloves and my rivals for comparison. By chance the store owner was there so I was happy that this would be sorted out quickly. I asked him to take a look at these gloves...first thing he did was laugh and say that I wasn't taking care of my gloves properly. He then proceeded to explain to me that top ten products MUST NOT BE PUT IN A BAG.

Let me repeat that...top ten gloves CANNOT BE PUT IN A GYM BAG. He then told me that the moisture in my gym bag is what caused the leather to weaken and then rip, and that top ten guarantees the foam but not leather. I then explained to him that the top ten gloves were handled in the EXACT same way as the rivals which I had in the car for comparison. I asked him if he wanted to see the rivals, he said "no thanks...ill take your word for it." No refund, no exchange, no quality, no respect.

So in conclusion would I recommend top ten products? No. Not only are they poorly made, but on top of that they won't take responsibility for their crap products.

Comment

• thats a badass camera you got there

also i agree totally with the top ten gloves. i had the superfight 3000 version and they had the same issues, the leather around the finger tips was just loose and would rip after a few months because whenevery you clench your fist the leather gets stretched and stuff. just poorly made gloves, wouldnt reccomend the brand

Comment

• What are you doing with your gloves to cause such abrasion around the front ridge? I'm not going to argue that the gloves aren't faulty, they clearly are, but it seems odd for there to be that type of marking on the outside of that area (in the part that's not torn). I've never had that from sparring, not that badly.
                Last edited by Redd Foxx; 09-16-2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Winning

Finally received my Pro 16oz training Winning gloves! For any of you who have been debating if to get Winning, Grant or Reyes.. let me tell you Winning is the way to go if you're about hand protection/injury. I have Ringside IMF, Reyes, the old school Grants, Everlast, Pro Mex, title and rival and none of them come close to the unique feel and protection that Winning offers hands down the only bad side is the price I almost paid 500$ including the 60$ shipping cost. Grants go for about the same price after asking around from their official facebook.

Comment

• Very nice and congrats, I've have only used a pair once and yeah they did feel like the real deal. Wrong forum section though, this probably belongs in the training section, not that I care just pointing it out.

Comment

• I only use winning for training when we get bored and do some real boxing i throw on the reyes

Comment

Working...
                      X