No announcement yet.

Prizefighter online (ranked)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prizefighter online (ranked)

When I first got Prizefighter, I hated it. Now that I played it for awhile. Beat the Career mode and unlocked everything Im glad I bought it. Everything in the game is great except the in the ring action. Which you get used too and improves as you fighter gets better. The old Don King fights and highlights are tight, I think the whole Norton-Holmes fight can be unlocked.

However when you go to fight online its crazy as ****. I played a few 4 round fights. They always go the distance and the judges are way off. I caused more damage, landed more shots and had a better connect %. Still lost by 2 rounds. This happen to anyone else?

Game sucks son.. Just trade it in and get Battlefield Bad Company.

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
      Game sucks son.. Just trade it in and get Battlefield Bad Company.
      I heard thats good, its like the new COD. Im not buyin any more games with out renting them first. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
        I heard thats good, its like the new COD. Im not buyin any more games with out renting them first. lol
        lol u gt owned nxt time make sure u listen to people and thats wat u get 4 thinkin pf was gd.

Comment

Yeah I just had about 4-5 hours playing online. Had some unranked fights to get used to it and then switched to ranked. My record is 10-4. 9 of my wins were by KO and all of my defeats were on points. I basically feel like winning on points in nearly impossible for my style. I caused more damage than my opponent in every fight, and often feel like I'm landing more punches, but according to the stats apparently not.

It must be the way I play the game I guess. It definetley seems to favour people who land punches rather than cause damage. If you land 30 flush haymakers and they land 30 jabs, the round is scored as even. Sometimes you will catch someone right on the jaw with one of the RB hooks and yet their energy doesn't change at all, and their health comes back too quick when they are hurt.

What I would suggest is to do 'create a game' mode, that way you can select the number of rounds and minutes per round. I usually do 10 3 minutes rounds. My name is there is RandalNada, add me if you fancy a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            Yeah I just had about 4-5 hours playing online. Had some unranked fights to get used to it and then switched to ranked. My record is 10-4. 9 of my wins were by KO and all of my defeats were on points. I basically feel like winning on points in nearly impossible for my style. I caused more damage than my opponent in every fight, and often feel like I'm landing more punches, but according to the stats apparently not.

It must be the way I play the game I guess. It definetley seems to favour people who land punches rather than cause damage. If you land 30 flush haymakers and they land 30 jabs, the round is scored as even. Sometimes you will catch someone right on the jaw with one of the RB hooks and yet their energy doesn't change at all, and their health comes back too quick when they are hurt.

What I would suggest is to do 'create a game' mode, that way you can select the number of rounds and minutes per round. I usually do 10 3 minutes rounds. My name is there is RandalNada, add me if you fancy a game.
            Them germans be rippin you off? Make Danny, The Germans all fear Danny..

Comment

Originally posted by LedermanRokx View Post
              Them germans be rippin you off? Make Danny, The Germans all fear Danny..
              I won a couple more fights but then lost on points again. The guy was one punch away from being KO'd at the end, but I just couldn't finish him

I might make Danny. So far I haven't faced any realistic creations. I played against Naseem Hamed, who was white and a heavyweight, and a fat Barak Obama who looked nothing like the real thing (although in this case the guy got the skin colour correct at least).

It's quite hard to get within range at times. For example if they stand still and lean away from you, it seems that it's very hard to hit them with a clean shot. This is pretty unrealistic and makes it hard for a KO-minded guy like me to be successful, as my hooks fall short and then I get countered by pitty-patty bitchslap jabs that make me lose on points.

If only you were scoring it Harold, then I'd get the win I deserve.

Comment

I gotta tell you that's plain and basic common sense, Prizefighter probably got Atlas the silly ****wit to score their fights. If it was i, Haroldo then all decisions would be fair!

JIM!

Comment

Sounds like we have the same styles. I played again the other day, same bad decisions. Won a few and lost 1. Scored two frist rounds KOs, one with Mayorga and the other with Marciano.

Comment

I'm ranked 81 out of 12,401. Not bad, but I think I'd be higher if not for the game being a ****.

I KO'd a few bums earlier, my record today was something like 12-2, with 11KOs. What annoyed me is that I won 4 fights in a row, and then I won my next fight. However the fight didn't registered for some reason and my winning streak was set back to zero. Then a few fights later the same thing happened

I was fighting someone and almost had them KO'd. Then I landed about 6 haymakers, none of which made his health bar reduce at all, and then he won on points. It's really annoying.

And it's annoying as well because I don't like to sound like a sore loser. I like to play all kinds of games and am used to not being that good. I like Resistance: Fall Of Man, but have no problem accepting that I get shot to **** when I play that online. But with Prizefighter I am often left thinking "if only the game wasn't so flawed, I would've won that..."

Also the achievements system is messed up. I only just got my 'won 15 online fights' achievement after winning for the 41st time!

My record is currently 44-18-4.

Comment

Working...
                    X