No announcement yet.

My view on round 3 on Wilder-Molina + Wilder's chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
    I can assure everyone here that no version of Wilder ever beats Povetkin.

Wilder's defence is non-existent and his chin is suspect at best. To make matters worse, he doesn't possess world class knockout power despite what his record says.
    Liakhovich would disagree lol

Comment

Wilder nearly got ko'd by the heavyweight version of rod salka. He got hit a lot in this fight by a guy not even ranked in the top 25. I can't believe anyone has anything positive to say about his performance, it went 9 rounds! Thompson, povetkin, Jennings, etc would all beat him.

Comment

Wilder needs to just fight regularly. like so many of this generation he is trying to protect himself from a loss, from a downgrade. if he just fought, got coached on defense, learned to set his punches up intelligently then maybe his talents would shine.

Its not his fault...people have talked him up and he believes the hype. he did a good job with Stiverne and showed that he can be succesful if he works at it..now he has to put the work in.

One of my favorite fighters is chisora right now...he doesn't care if he wins or loses, he is young, he can fight and he could lose a lot and still wind up fighting for the championship because he is getting experience. Fury, Stiverne, Wilder, Ruiz, jennings they all need to fight!!

Comment

That's why mismatches like these shouldn't be made, if you lose you are a joke, if you struggle you look bad, and it doesn't push the fighters because they get overconfident. I saw it with Guerrero and I saw it with Wilder, but at least Wilder got the knockout.

Comment

Good post but can you tell me why you feel a world champ needs 2-3 more fights to take on a challenger? Thats plain dumb if he aint ready dont be a world champ simple as that . And i think his chin is b- level its barely enough to squeak by in this division

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
              That's why mismatches like these shouldn't be made, if you lose you are a joke, if you struggle you look bad, and it doesn't push the fighters because they get overconfident. I saw it with Guerrero and I saw it with Wilder, but at least Wilder got the knockout.
              Lol can you imagine if Molina finished him in the third? And the new! Totally agree these mismatches are not only a joke but can also really hurt a fighters stock.

Comment

I agree his chin isn't as bad as some make out.

Speaking of his defence the way he defends against body shots is alarming to me. He goes in a textbook block but his body still looks open and Molina was able to land some nice rights to the body.

Not just in this fight but in general i don't like the way he blocks his body, i think against Jason Gavern in the stay busy fight i noticed it and he just doesn't look comfortable when blocking.

All in all Wilder's a good fighter though, I rate him.

Comment

Let's not forget how he also ran out of gas.

Wilder has a long way to go, he better stay the hell away from Povetkin.

Comment

All these pu$$y ass heavy weights. Fury, Wilder, Joshua and Haye, none of them want to face each other. Fury is interested in fighting Wilder but not the others.

A bunch of weak cowards.

Povetkin would destroy Wilder.

Comment

He needs a couple more fights with higher ranked guys, should fight tony thomson or someone like that. He can knock povetkin out or cruise to UD but he gets a little sloppy sometimes with his defense. and that could lead to povetkin catching him, but if he lands clean on povetkin he would most likely get knocked down too

He needs more fights to prove himself. The glass jaw crap needs to stop he got hit with more than one big shot yesterday and didnt even go down like fury for example
                      Last edited by Easy Work.; 06-14-2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X