Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody else see Sergio as a coward.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look guys, this is boxing. Boxing fans forever talked about Roy Jones Jr. Having nobody to fight in his prime. This is where their is a clear fight and people say no, I don't care? The same people who say GGG has fought no one. Whatever I'm done with this. I asked a Question and got my answer.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Pavlik, Cintron, Margarito, Williams, Chavez Jr, Barker, Macklin, Murray

Just a few of his opponents: 5 of them were champions, past, present or future. 4 of them were top ranked contenders at 160 long before GGG even made a splash.

Pavlik was the number one middleweight on the planet.

Williams one of the most avoided fighters on the planet.

Margarito one of the most feared fighters of the 00s.

Yes Sergio is a coward.
      ^ this is pretty much it! The man deserves a little bit more respect from a career standpoint. He's done alot and should be top 5 IMO. His ability in this fight with COtto will determine if he's truly fine from his knee/absense.

Comment

Originally posted by Regeza View Post
        Dude, Ward and GGG are a division apart. Sergio and GGG are in the same division. Chavez is a tough cash cow who everybody want's to fight regardless of weight.
        Are GGG and Chavez not a division apart?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Are GGG and Chavez not a division apart?
          Did you not read my post? And besides Chavez only fought Vera at that weight.

Comment

I won't reply to all of you, but what candy land do you live in? Sergio retirement payday is his problem, he is avoiding the man in his division. Coward of course he is not, that was an overstatement. But fact remains Sergio won't fight his top contender, and is developing a big mouth.
            His top contender?
            Listen my man, Sergio has beaten the crap out of FAR more proven fighters than GGG. I like GGG but at his age he's playing it way too safe and if his name isnt as known as he would like, he has only himself to blame (or his manager) .
            You can't have it both ways, you cant go around fighting Ahxereifo Uggulaodna of Nowhereland with 2 wins and 10 losses and then go call out a proven Champ that is looking to make the most money before retireing.
            You honestly think a guy that has fought the wars Sergio has been fears anyone? He's not avoiding the man in his division, he's looking to make the most money possible after more than proving himself against plenty of better opponents than GGG.
            The fact is a fight with GGG just doesnt get Sergio enough money to make it worth it and that's completely GGG fault, not Sergio. Had GGG fought better oponents, he would have a better known name, and the fight would make sense financially for Martinez. But no, GGG doesnt want to risk fighting better fighters (Not ready for Ward!), doesnt want to go up or down in weight looking for them. Just look at Chavez Jr. or Paul Williams, those guys made Martinez look like a frekaing midget and he still faught them. And then GGG fans come here asking if Martinez is a coward, btching about it like 10 year olds that have no clue of who Martinez is and what he's done in boxing. GTFO.

Comment

No, that's stupid.

Comment

I don't care about Sergio, or his cares. And if I ever met you you would be a virgin no more.
                Why? Because you'd bend over and let me fuk you?

That's the impression I get from someone who thinks Sergio should have taken far less money to fight GGG.

Name your favourite fighter and he would have fought Cotto before GGG any day of the week.

Comment

Look guys, this is boxing. Boxing fans forever talked about Roy Jones Jr. Having nobody to fight in his prime. This is where their is a clear fight and people say no, I don't care? The same people who say GGG has fought no one. Whatever I'm done with this. I asked a Question and got my answer.
                  if sergio and gennady keep winning their next fights and sergio still avoids him, then i would have my doubts same as yours. meanwhile, i think it's good timing. they're going to cash in on cotto and by next fight or so, him and ggg's hopefully increasing marketability will add hype to their fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinplateado View Post
                    GGG is a bum, Martinez has faced real opposition meanwhile GGG is ducking Lara/Ward...
                    1. GGG is not a bum
                    2. Sergio and his promoter don't want none of GGG
                    3. Sergio is getting pass for not fighting GGG by fighting Cotto cuz it's a big fight
                    4. Lara is on Showtime and if GGG is ducking Ward, Ward is ducking the lhw div.

Comment

Working...
                    X