Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares: I’m Excited For Title Fight, Challenges At 122

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Even with winning the Showtime Bantamweight Tournament and then cementing his claim with a repeat win over Joseph Agbeko last December, Abner Mares still heard the whispers – the task isn’t complete until you’ve beaten Nonito Donaire.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Arce would hammer mares if they ever met, yeah arce lost to darchinyan and mares barely beat him but overall arce would outpoint mares in a competitive fights....that is if mares does not punch him in the balls all night

Comment

Abner Mares is SUCH A DAMN BEAST!!! One of the last true combination punchers in the game!!! The way he comes in at angles with them hands moving!

Can't wait to see him fight again. . . I think him vs. Donaire is a 50/50 fight. . . Mares could very well stymy Donaire with his style.

Unfortunately, due to the ongoing COLD WAR between Top Rank and Golden Boy, it's doubtful we see this fight in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        Abner Mares is SUCH A DAMN BEAST!!! One of the last true combination punchers in the game!!! The way he comes in at angles with them hands moving!

Can't wait to see him fight again. . . I think him vs. Donaire is a 50/50 fight. . . Mares could very well stymy Donaire with his style.

Unfortunately, due to the ongoing COLD WAR between Top Rank and Golden Boy, it's doubtful we see this fight in the near future
        yeah atleast with golden boy they tend to allow their fighters to fight others from different promotions unlike top rank they literally keep everything in house which is a shame really...

Comment

Abner won't get a shot at Donaire. He'll probably end up fighting Moreno, Nishioka, and Rigondeaux at 122.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
            yeah atleast with golden boy they tend to allow their fighters to fight others from different promotions unlike top rank they literally keep everything in house which is a shame really...
            Yeah, I agree. . . GBP will work with Gary Shaw, Goossen, among others. Arum is too selfish, and has too big of an ego. . . . Damn shame, really.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              Abner won't get a shot at Donaire. He'll probably end up fighting Moreno, Nishioka, and Rigondeaux at 122.
              I doubt he'll fight Rigo, since he's under contract with Top Rank. . . But who knows what the future might hold. .

Moreno most definitely, cause he's a golden boy fighter. . . That would be a hell of a technical fight. . . Two true world class talents in their primes squaring up.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                Yeah, Donaire is going to fight Mijares and then maybe Arce, and maybe after those fights he's going to say that he's having problems making weight and that he's going to move up in weight class.

Comment

Wonder why Mares wants Donaire at 122 when he didn't at 118?

Comment

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
                    Wonder why Mares wants Donaire at 122 when he didn't at 118?
                    Doniare promoter didn't want to participate in the bantamweight Tourney. Abner agreed to the tourney thinking Donaire was already on board.

Comment

I tried asking this before but never got an answer. Rigo is promoted by Caribe Promotions and Top Rank. So my question is:

What if Caribe Promotions and Rigo wanna fight Mares but Top Rank obviously says no? Can they go over TR's head and go ahead with the fight or does TR override them both?

Comment

Working...
                      X