No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Ramirez Not a Big Name, Needs a Few More Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    The point is Ramirez beats GGGs entire resume , put all this into perspective and look at who he says is no good to fight and then look at who he does fight and compare .
    I'm not sure that he does - Lemeiux, Murray & Geale (maybe even Rubio & Stevens) could all have competitive fights and a shot at beating Ramirez.

Regardless, that's generally true of a higher weight class titleholder, that they beat the lower weight class guys - there are weight classes for a reason. The luckiest HW titleholder in the world Charles Martin destroys everyone on Mayweather's resume too, as he should.

Fighters generally stay in their own division while they can make the weight, and I have no problem with that. If there's a big money fight outside the division, they will consider it. Ramirez isn't a big money fight, so why should GGG care about him - like RJJ, I also think GGG beats him fairly easily.

Comment

Originally posted by buge View Post
      I'm not sure that he does - Lemeiux, Murray & Geale (maybe even Rubio & Stevens) could all have competitive fights and a shot at beating Ramirez.

Regardless, that's generally true of a higher weight class titleholder, that they beat the lower weight class guys - there are weight classes for a reason. The luckiest HW titleholder in the world Charles Martin destroys everyone on Mayweather's resume too, as he should.

Fighters generally stay in their own division while they can make the weight, and I have no problem with that. If there's a big money fight outside the division, they will consider it. Ramirez isn't a big money fight, so why should GGG care about him - like RJJ, I also think GGG beats him fairly easily.

I think that Murray/Ramirez could be a good fight, not sure about any of those other guys.

But I do agree with you that "Ramirez isn't a big money fight, so why should GGG care about him"..... just a few weeks back, Abel Sanchez "cleared the air" about why they were prepared to fight other guys at 168, but nor Ward.

Sanchez stated that Gennady would consider fighting at 168 for "big money-fights ONLY"..... like "Froch... in front of 80,000 at Wembley".

So yea, how Ramirez could suddenly be Golovkin's #2 pick, beats the hell out of me.

Comment

Ramirez isn't a name, no but WADE!!!! Oh yeah nm

Comment

Wade was a MANDATORY. Wade is not a big name. There is no point in comparing Ramirez and Wade.

Comment

Golovkin is my favorite active fighter but this disappoints me. If it's not Alvarez or Saunders, then who is he going to fight next? Jacobs? Seems unlikely because Jacobs priced himself out and is not mandated by the WBA yet. Degale would be a better fight at 168 but he'll be looking for the Badou Jack / Lucian Bute winner first.
            On the other hand, Tom Loeffer mentioned Ramirez as the 3rd best (and viable) option after Alvarez and Saunders. Let's hope it's just a lack of coordination within Golovkin's team (in which case he needs an advisor).

Comment

Originally posted by DLX View Post
              Wade was a MANDATORY. Wade is not a big name. There is no point in comparing Ramirez and Wade.

Monroe wasn't a mandatory though.

what's the excuse for that?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                I think that Murray/Ramirez could be a good fight, not sure about any of those other guys.

But I do agree with you that "Ramirez isn't a big money fight, so why should GGG care about him"..... just a few weeks back, Abel Sanchez "cleared the air" about why they were prepared to fight other guys at 168, but nor Ward.

Sanchez stated that Gennady would consider fighting at 168 for "big money-fights ONLY"..... like "Froch... in front of 80,000 at Wembley".

So yea, how Ramirez could suddenly be Golovkin's #2 pick, beats the hell out of me.

SANCHEZ said they are willing to fight Froch at 172 now. Even though froch is retired.

doesn't that tell you all you need to know about team golovkin.

when asked why won't they fight canelo at a catchweight for the payday. they say it's not about the money. Gennady wants the belts.

When asked why would you fight chavez at 168 but not ward at 168. They say because ward brings no money.

is it about the money or not?

Team golovkin are cherry picking and you are a fanboy if you say different.

Sanchez interviews prove this. I'm not saying golovkin is scared, because I don't think he is. But his team is matching him carefully

Comment

I smell pussay

Comment

The bigger the guy the less influence one half a weight class has , it used to be 160 -175 its not a big stretch to jump a half to 168 for any full size MW , WW down its much harder to jump up as the guys get smaller , I still think Ramirez beats his entire resume , he can really box is tough and works every minute of every round , GGG resume is very poor , the division is very poor when the best guys outside GGG are former JWWs and WWs .

Floyd is really a WW I dont think a 154 could beat his entire resume and if one could it would have to be an atg not just a run of the mill champ like Ramirez , picking a HW is a bit of an exaggeration .

Comment

Murray lost to Abraham and then Ramirez beat up Abraham. You golovkin cowards always have an excuse why he should duck.

Comment

Working...
                      X