Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Fury's Top 10 HW List! Do you agree with it!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
    Great prediction. A first rate intelligence at work.
    Just like my prediction that Wilder will win against Povetkin as of now...I guess you will have to change your avatar if he loses!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy05 View Post
      C'mon, he put hughie in top 10 based off nothing.

Yeah I must have just imagined that gold medal and him destroying guys that took fury and klitschko the distance.

His logic is Joshua hasnt fought anyone. Well neither has parker or hughie or ruiz. If joshua isnt top 10 worthy neither are those guys, and any fair person has to admit that
      No, but he is judging him based off the eye test, which is fine, when you know boxing. I do the same thing, GGG is my p4p #1 with a crap resume and I will defend my stance to the grave, I know the sport though, and I know what I am looking at, and as I have said before, if you really know what you are watching, you don't need to see it against a certain opponent, you just recognize the IQ, and countless other subtleties that I don't want to get into to not derail the thread.

I am not defending Hughie right now either as a selection, just saying him not having a good resume isn't a good reason to not have him ranked highly.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        No, but he is judging him based off the eye test, which is fine, when you know boxing. I do the same thing, GGG is my p4p #1 with a crap resume and I will defend my stance to the grave, I know the sport though, and I know what I am looking at, and as I have said before, if you really know what you are watching, you don't need to see it against a certain opponent, you just recognize the IQ, and countless other subtleties that I don't want to get into to not derail the thread.

I am not defending Hughie right now either as a selection, just saying him not having a good resume isn't a good reason to not have him ranked highly.
        Yeah I see that stuff too, but anyyone can look a million bucks when they are not being hit back

GGG has destroyed good fighters, world level fighters. His resume isnt that bad if you figure how easily he has done it

Comment

Povetkin is the #3 guy surely, and how can he rate him under Martin? What is he smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
            Povetkin is the #3 guy surely, and how can he rate him under Martin? What is he smoking?
            Because he saw martin in 1 round vs Tom Dallas, a scaffolder and part time boxer. His words, not mine

Comment

Anybody that has Charles Matin in their top 30, let alone top 5 is loony.

Comment

Can you definitevely say that Charr, Takam, Perez, and Wach are better than Scott, Stiverne, Duhaupas, and Szpilka?

Look pretty even to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Can you definitevely say that Charr, Takam, Perez, and Wach are better than Scott, Stiverne, Duhaupas, and Szpilka?

Look pretty even to me.

I would say so, especially Takam and Perez. Also Scott dived and Stiverne lasted the 12 without a KD, even Derek Rossy managed that. I note you did not add Molina? I think Wach would beat all the guys you listed, although not Wilder himself.

Comment

I would say so, especially Takam and Perez. Also Scott dived and Stiverne lasted the 12 without a KD, even Derek Rossy managed that. I note you did not add Molina? I think Wach would beat all the guys you listed, although not Wilder himself.
                    You had me until the last sentence. Wach is nothing more than a giant that uses steroids. He has never beaten a fighter of any note. Stiverne was the #4 heavyweight when Wilder beat him (http://www.tbrb.org/2015/10/10/13-january-2015/), Scott is #9 right now (http://boxrec.com/records?sex=m&division=Heavyweight). Plus, Duhaupas beat Charr (http://boxrec.com/show/711541).

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      Just like my prediction that Wilder will win against Povetkin as of now...I guess you will have to change your avatar if he loses!
                      I think Wilder gets by him too, in a war. It will be a great fight, and Wilder needs the win, or the Fury fight will slip away from immediacy and have that Floyd/Pac style delay. The road back up isn't easy, and he knows that.

Povetkin is an elite fighter though and I want to see him go for the upset. Povetkin is the better fighter all around, I give Wilder a power advantage but not a huge one. And people overhype Wilders athleticism, Povetkin is no slouch, he is a nimble cat, a mongoose, the guy is just smaller and fights a disciplined fight, but he will outbox Wilder on the inside, and would do so on the outside as well if he could reach him. But I expect a nasty fight, Povetkin just dominating Wilder and Wilder just not giving in.

Comment

Working...
                      X