Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather may well be the best fighter to ever lace up a pair of gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is one of the best "counter move/ counter punch" boxers! Thats it!!!
    Theres nothing exciting about him, he relies on his opponents "chance to win" and the fans who think he is great have never seen a great fighter in reality!!
    He's refined skills to be defensive and his promotional position as the "heel" or from the "hood" is a joke that his fans actually believe.
    He falls in with the likes of Wilfred Benitez and Jimmy Young or Bernard Hopkins as a step off and slide the ropes technician.
    He's carefully orchestrated a career filled with past good fighters and second tier talents as opponents and has gotten away with promoting these bouts as a special test to his "undefeated record" which a sell job to the rubes.

Excellant talent (eye hand), extremely knowledgable, student of the game, promotional salesman, hard worker, excellant condition!

Belongs at 140lbs when mentioning his place against other fighters. As a Welter he would be engulfed by the great welters, he is very small in stature and has minimal power compared to the elite welters. Certainly the most profitable fighter of his generation but he's also disliked by so many boxing fans who think he's minipulated the public into thinking he's a superior fighter by engaging opponents that were "picked" at a time in their careers where they were far less a challenge than in their prime!

I personnally don't care for Floyds style especially when theres such an absence of top tier opponents to "make the fight"!
    You know he's going to win, the way to succeed is known too...........
    ......its Pro Wrestling......lots of drama, not much substance! Ray

Comment

At the end of the day, Sugar Ray Robinson fought 130 times and only lost once. He was an all around guy who had speed, power and killer instinct. He fought 200 times and the only thing to ever KO him was extreme heat.

There will never be another boxer to do what Ray Robinson did. It's silly to talk about ANY fighter being above him. Floyd is a GREAT fighter. That is undeniable...but with only 44 wins, even HIS resume would need more names to compensate for the VOLUME of a$$ whipping Ray Robinson did.

Honestly, if Floyd was more active and stayed at 140 and got a chance to clean out the division of today's 140 fighters, we MIGHT could entertain this discussion. Imagine if Floyd's resume included Khan/Matthysse/Garcia/Rios/Maidana on it?

Comment

A boxer who has an average of one fight a year for the past six years shouldn't even be accorded this nonsense.

Comment

it took a lot of hard work and dedication to come up with the myriad of excuses to duck the best opposition from 05 til now.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

stupid thread and stupid statement. SRR, MA, those yes, but Floyd?

smh

Comment

he's only second to b-hop.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                Some cretin with more points than sense has been deleting some of my posts. A good hint for me not to post any more.......
                Are you sure? that's not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                  it took a lot of hard work and dedication to come up with the myriad of excuses to duck the best opposition from 05 til now.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  that's the true definition of boxing's terminology, 'sweet science' in bold letters.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                    Why i love Floyd??he is flawless,impeccable and an artist..he reminds me of what i could have been,talent with no ceiling,dedication with no slack,100 percent given at all times.This man lets nothing stand in the way of what he loves and anyone who follows this damn sport HAS to respect that..THE SPORT COMES BEFORE ANYTHING AT ALL TIMES!!!!! Thats why he does not lose..TELL ME IN YOUR LIFE WHAT DO YOU GIVE 100 PERCENT FOR??? ANYTHING POSITIVE PLEASE TELL ME!!!

That's a very telling post and a lot of reason why certain people defend anything floyd does and say.

Some people are even willing to kill for him and threaten people's lives on facebook/twitter because of that mentality.

very sad.

Comment

Working...
                    X