Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skipping rope tricks

hi guys

after almost 9 months of boxing training I Became good at skipping rope and

I can do most of the tricks but Iam still struggling with the double unders " i still

can't do two in a row " and criss cross I can like 4-6 time in row then the

rhythm goes off and i get tripped with the rope..

how to improve your skipping skills and take it to the next level I mean the

advanced tricks

is there any drills for this kind of stuff ?? or just comes naturally like one guy

told me in the gym??

my main goal is to be able to reach the FMJ style and B-hop they look so fluid

watch "Rope Skipping From Past and Present Boxers" ( I can't put links cuz Iam still new member )

check 4:41 B-hope crossing legs and 5:30 fmj running in place criss cross

not to mention srr ,duran and tyson

thanks in advance guys !

See if you can find some video of Roberto Duran skipping rope he is one of the best. Also Ray Leonard was excellent at skipping too.
    Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      See if you can find some video of Roberto Duran skipping rope he is one of the best. Also Ray Leonard was excellent at skipping too.
      Ray
      I watched a lot"I was just rewatvhing duran truing video and he's monstrous with the rope" ... unfortunately most of the videos are too short and fast
      you can't pick up the moment so easily

Comment

Originally posted by Abra View Post
        hi guys

after almost 9 months of boxing training I Became good at skipping rope and

I can do most of the tricks but Iam still struggling with the double unders " i still

can't do two in a row " and criss cross I can like 4-6 time in row then the

rhythm goes off and i get tripped with the rope..

how to improve your skipping skills and take it to the next level I mean the

advanced tricks

is there any drills for this kind of stuff ?? or just comes naturally like one guy

told me in the gym??

my main goal is to be able to reach the FMJ style and B-hop they look so fluid

watch "Rope Skipping From Past and Present Boxers" ( I can't put links cuz Iam still new member )

check 4:41 B-hope crossing legs and 5:30 fmj running in place criss cross

not to mention srr ,duran and tyson

thanks in advance guys !

I really think it comes down to training and repetition.

Just like you learned to jump, you´ll have to do it over and over again.

Everybody started with double jumps at the beginning, then after a few weeks we could do normal jump etc.

And that applies to more skillful jumps too.

Do it, even if you fail and have to restart jumping.
        Eventually after a few weeks of doing it, you´ll be able to do it better and better.

Comment

For double jumps, you jump only a bit higher and it's the rope that goes faster. I found imagining myself whipping the ground with my rope got me the necessary speed.

As for losing the rhythm with criss-cross. Make sure you stay balanced during. You may be focussing too much on the arm movement and as a result your feet form is struggling and you slowly become off balance until your form fails you completely. Either that or you're becoming too tense as you begin to predict your own failure, let it flow, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
            For double jumps, you jump only a bit higher and it's the rope that goes faster. I found imagining myself whipping the ground with my rope got me the necessary speed.

As for losing the rhythm with criss-cross. Make sure you stay balanced during. You may be focussing too much on the arm movement and as a result your feet form is struggling and you slowly become off balance until your form fails you completely. Either that or you're becoming too tense as you begin to predict your own failure, let it flow, dude.
            I always jump very high in the double under .. I'll try what you said here

and for the criss-cross yes I always jump weirdly off-balance when I'am doing it

thanks for the advice i'll try to be as balanced as possible and focusing on the

jumps and not on the hand movement

Comment

If you want a trick to skip the rope workout just get started up, do like twenty jumps on it and then fall down in agony pretending that you came down hard and twisted your ankle.

Another way to skip the rope is to get it going good and then do crosses, get all tangled up and then fall to the ground in agony clasping your genitles claiming that it whipped you in your nards.

Another way to skip the rope is to tell the coach that you just ate dinner and fear that you may throw up if made to do anything close to cardio.

Finally, if you want to skip the rope just tell your coach that it is against your religion.

There are many tricks to skipping your rope workout. Just be persistant and even more so creative.

Now try to see if you can come up with any tricks to skip your rope workout on your own..........
              Last edited by Rockin'; 01-31-2016, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Try to find video of Marlon Thomas out of Kronk, best rope that I've seen...........

Comment

Working...
                X