No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest, Floyd Mayweather Is The Reason 90% Of You Still Follow Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
    there were 41 other fights brother, and its only when he moved up to 147 that he fought more careful but if it bores you it bores you im not here to make u like floyds style, i happen to enjoy boxing... brawls, techincal/thinking men battles, knock outs n all! but im more impressed with the actual art of boxing and seeing a fighter apply the skills... i guess understanding the different styles of boxing and appreciating them help me get through it all!

ive learned that half the people who debate boxing dont even know what it means to cut off the rind, or use angles... but whatever
    It doesnt bore me.

But it is irrating when i see someone with such great skills cruising his way to victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
      I followed boxing before Floyd Mayweather.

I will carry on following boxing after Floyd Mayweather.

Fan boys are not real boxing fans.
      This!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• What on earth possessed you to write this crap? log off and create a new account boy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          After having light to no interest in the sport after I retired in 1988 it was actually Pacman who got my attention to look back into the sport. As for Mayweather I prefer a man with morals and ethics over an actor who plays the role of a "heel" to gain more attention than he needs. I thinks its very sad that such a talented fighter thinks he needs to project such a weak personna. The way the family members presents themselves hurts boxings reputation hugely, it just shows its only about them and boxing has little to no meaning to them.I don't get that at all because Floyd junior wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for youth boxing. Floyd Sr. would have been gone along time ago. They could be the first family of boxing but they choose to be the "Gangsta" clowns instead of the new blueprint. Damn shame to me but its only my opinion from a distance. Not sure Boxing will recover without positive personalities showing up in the next 5 years. Pro boxing might look like European amatuer boxing if the interests in it stays so low in the states. Ray
          I don't think the Mayweathers "chose" those personnas. it's just the way they are. And because they have made a sort of local fame where they live, they see no need to conform to normal social mores. Mayweather Junior has always been like that; as he got older, and more prominent, he 'expanded' his personality. He now projects such a negative image that a certain clique, which almost every fighter has, who think the sun, moon and stars shine from this guy, felt that their idol just couldn't be the repulsive, abhorrent character that everyone sees, he must be just pretending.......... and so they concocted a completely fake overcoat for him, where he is just doing this to attract more money, that he's really a very nice guy, a Scarlet Pimpernel, that he's just too clever and is fooling the average person, etc. etc....... All just in their feverish imaginations.

That's why there are about 20,000 religious cults in California alone, by acolytes concocting a wonderful unreal tale about the object of their fixations and obsessions. It's the fault of these crazies, that Mayweather hasn't faced cold, stark reality until now, when it's far too late. And 2-3 months in gaol won't cure him, he'll be flashing his money around and everyone will be running to serve him and pat him on the back. the approval of gaolbirds. When he comes out he'll have greater notoriety and adoration from his crazies. He needed at least a 2 year sentence, like poor Corrales got, and in that time his imbecilic followers might have fixed on someone more deserving. That judge was either a fool or a political knave....

Comment

• What a fun thread~

Judging by the responces and the heat created I guess it struck a nerve so there is some truth to it, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
              No love for Bute!?
              I liked Calzaghe but fault him on who he faced. Calzaghe lacked power and did slap, but he did have skills such as footwork, generalship and angles. However without testing yourself it is very hard for me to be such a fan.

Bite will beat Froch IMO. People under estimate him and bring up the fact that he nearly got ktfo and sort of got a lucky ref, but he has improved and learnt.

Comment

• Most people dont know **** about boxing. lol

Comment

• its embarassing to be a fl0mo

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                    Of course just compare the thread views. Mayweather Cotto has 10x the views that Pacquiao Bradley! Floyds live training thread had more views then pacquiao Bradley too.
                    Bradley has 5 fans here. Cotto has a country and New York, Floyd has quite a few fans here. PAC has a few fans here by Bradley has 5 lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Future View Post
                      This site is just going lower and lower.
                      When someone takes there time to write a man-love letter to mayweather saying he is the only reason 90 percent of people watch boxing.....man o man. I seriously was waiting to read "and I will stay down on my knees for the rest of my life to service your needs" at the end of your post.

I am a mayweather fan, a pacquaio fan, more importantly a fan of BOXING!!
                      When Mayweather leaves the sport there will be another, there always is and always will be "another"

Some of you are some talented nut jugglers. SMH
                      Couldn't have said it any better. I might have to quote your last line bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X