No announcement yet.

Hardest Puching Featherweight of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest Puching Featherweight of all time

Hardest Puching Featherweight of all time? poll!! For me its naseem Hamed the guy hit like a middleweight, if he would of stayed with brendan ingle and not lost focus he would of been one of the greats
    Naseem Hamed
    50.00%
    Sandy Saddler
    15.00%
    Erick Morales
    0.00%
    Salvador Sanchez
    0.00%
    Henry Armstrong
    5.00%
    Ruben Olivares
    5.00%
    Alexis Arguello
    5.00%
    Wilfredo Gomez
    0.00%
    Danny Lopez
    20.00%
    Bobby Chacon
    0.00%
    Last edited by Joey Giardello; 09-21-2011, 12:54 PM.

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
    Hardest Puching Featherweight of all time? poll!! For me its naseem Hamed the guy hit like a middleweight, if he would of stayed with brendan ingle and not lost focus he would of been one of the greats
    None of the above............................................. .................... so I will not vote in the poll........ Just from the thirties onwards..... gee the fighters before Armstrong must have been light-punching weaklings. Who the hell was George Dixon and Abe Attell and Johnny Kilbane and Kid Chocolate and company anyway.

Comment

Wilfredo Gomez hardly had any fights at featherweight, in fact I am not sure he K.O'd anybody there. great fighter & puncher none the less.

I vote nobody on the list, my vote goes to Ricardo Moreno.
      Last edited by dan_cov; 09-21-2011, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
        Wilfredo Gomez hardly had any fights at featherweight, in fact I am not sure he K.O'd anybody there. great fighter & puncher none the less.

Good call. If he did KO anyone, it was when he had non-title fights, and the opponents weren't noteworthy.

Again, forgotten is the bomber from the 80's, Antonio Esparragoza.

Comment

Sugar Ramos could do with a mention.

Off the list I'd go with Danny Lopez

Comment

some serious bangers on that list

but olivares and morales don't belong

at FW olivares was punching a bit above his weight.

he always looked small.

and morales was always a solid puncher but honestly he doesn't belong on this list.

my votes are probably for saddler
            lopez
            and hamed

no order. unbelievable power. lopez chest and shoulders honestly looked like they belonged on a welterweight.

honorable mention to pacquiao for the top ten, whose power carried better than any of those men, but never really figured out how to set his hard stuff up until he was at higher weights

his left hand at 122 and 126 was frightening, but he was very crude and he telegraphed the **** out of it.

the only real question was whether it was coming behind two jabs or one
            Last edited by New England; 09-22-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Arguello or Saddler. Hamed never KOed an opponent who was legitimately world-class at the Hamed fought them.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Arguello or Saddler. Hamed never KOed an opponent who was legitimately world-class at the Hamed fought them.

Poet
                BENNY 'The Jet" URQUIDEZ ????????

Comment

Poet

i'd have a hard time putting him in my top ten "greatest" FW punchers
                  or "best," based on his competition (and the fact that his best opponent took his power out of the picture without much fuss)

but for the "hardest" blows he's up there in my humble estimation

very explosive puncher

Comment

Poet
                    Would you not count Kevin Kelley? It's not just about the 'world class' status of the fighter in my opinion, it's about their chin. Naz KOed many opponents with good chins such as Daniel Alicea. Of course the one with the best chin (Wayne McCullough) stayed on his feet, which is telling.

Comment

Working...
                    X