Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morales: “Technically I have always known that I am better than Manny Pacquiao'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morales: “Technically I have always known that I am better than Manny Pacquiao'

Morales: “Technically I have always known that I am better than Manny Pacquiao'
    Geoffrey Ciani , 3/26/2010 8:53:57 PM

Erik Morales appeared on ep. 65 of OTR.

On being the last person to defeat current pound for pound King Manny Pacquiao:
    “When I first fought him it was at 130 pounds. The second time he would not give me the chance to fight at 132 pounds and now he is fighting at 147 and I am coming back to fight at 147 also. I’m hoping that at a time not too long from now when the people see I can still do great, great things in the ring, I’m hoping that Manny Pacquiao will give me the chance to show he’s not the best in the world, because what I remember after twelve rounds is Manny Pacquiao crying—and crying and crying and crying because he knew about the beating he had just taken and he knew at that time there was somebody technically better than him. He had to find some way to be at an advantage to try and control me. That’s the way history was written, but here I am—brand new.”

On what he would do differently if he was to have a fourth fight with Pacquiao:
    “The first time I fought him I just went right through him. The second time I went through him until the middle part of the fight but then I just ran out of steam and the third time I was just not able to, but now—I really value my condition more than ever before and so therefore now, I feel that I will show him I am much better than him. Technically I have always known that I am better than Manny Pacquiao, but now physically—that technicality and that skill and conditioning are all one and the same.”

Regarding his plan to compete in the welterweight division:
    “I feel I can fight at welterweight easily. I can fight Pacquiao, I can fight (Juan Manuel) Marquez who has already fought at 147, and I can fight (Miguel) Cotto. I can fight any of those guys easily at 147 pounds. I feel very, very confident there.”

His views on Juan Manuel Marquez as a fighter:
    “I’ve talked to Golden Boy about the possibility of fighting Juan Manuel Marquez. I think he’s a complete fighter, he’s an excellent fighter, but by the same token—there’s been Barrera and me, there’s been Pacquiao and me, there’s been all of those people with me but the one name missing is Juan Manuel Marquez. I am looking forward for the chance to fight Marquez.”

morales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets see how u perform 2marrow 1st then speak. but 4real we all know a fight with pacquiao is would never happen, maybe with marquz yes

Comment

Just what we need another legend fighting on past his expiration date.

Comment

Morrales vS Cotto.. what can u even say to that lol

Comment

Morales just wants a BIGGER PAYDAY as he's gone too early in the train.

I say, why not? He deserves one.

Comment

At one time Morales was better than Pac. PAC is a different fighter right now and he's better than Morales ever was.

Comment

They should of had morales fight castillo instead of gomez

Comment

Me thinks he speaks too soon.

Comment

actually IMHO Morales was technically better than Pac. Pac passed him up though around the second fight and at this point it's not even close. Manny is better technically by far.

Comment

morales you were technically better than pac...

Comment

Working...
                    X