Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had this thought in light of Brits dominating the oscars last night.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but Bale and Craig own the likes of Pitt and Cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
      You say that
      But Bale is going more mainstream
      Choosing to do Terminator 4, with the guy who directed Charlies Angels will only dent his reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post
        The top male American actors tend to go into the more commericial, blockbusters
        Di Caprio, Pitt, Damon, Norton to name a few
        They then tend to lose credit as great actors.

***** I completely forgot about them 2.

Pitt gets a lot of hate but he is very good at what he does.

Norton is a legend. Fight club, American History X are brilliant films.

Though my point of this thread is that whereas in the past the big movies would go to these types of guys and their heirs so they could bring a proper character to the film now it seems to be given to aesthetically pleasing actors or celebrities who studios know will make them some money who sooner or later get found out that theyre not great actors.

Comment

Philip Seymour Hoffman,

Leanordo Decaprio

Edward Norton

Three young current actors that could potentially become great in their respective careers.

Comment

Originally posted by KingoftheAnts View Post
            I'mnot trying to turn it into a US v UK debate. I apologise if it comes across that way.

Its just I was watching the edited version and I tried to think about the last time I was truly in awe of an American actors performance. For most of my life when I watched a Hollywood film I've been in complete awe at the actors and how good they are (99% Yank). The last time I was truly bowled over by an American actor in an american film was Donnie Darko and The Bourne films.(of course I still worship the actors I mentioned in the first post so they dont count)I did love the Ferrell/Vaughn films until the joke got old. I'm not sayin UK actors and movies are all great (though in recent years there have been some classics), I find myself watching Japanese and other sub-titled films to get truly blown away by a film.

The way I see it you have Eastwood, Pacino, De Niro, who have passed on the mantle to Depp, Penn, Washington. I just dont see the next generation coming through, cos believe me there is nothing I would like better than to see another film with the calibre of acting of something like the Godfather/Goodfellas/Donnie Darko coming out of Hollywood.

all good King...as long as good movies come out, it doesnt matter for me

in fact, i got alot of **** from my friends when i told them that i liked brit comedies

Comment

Daniel Craig is overrated, Bale deserves the praise he gets tho...
              Last edited by ALT=_=Assassin; 02-23-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ALT=_=Assassin View Post
                Daniel Craig is overrated, Bale deserves the praise he gets tho...
                Both are overrated
                Currently I think Day Lewis, Penn and Norton are a cut above the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post
                  Both are overrated
                  Currently I think Day Lewis, Penn and Norton are a cut above the rest.
                  No, Bale may be a borderline schizophrenic but he can be a great from time to time. He was incredible in American Psycho and even as a child Bale displayed a good craft in Newsies.

Comment

Bale is a legend...

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Cruise is a good actor, no way is Craig better. Pitt ****s all over Craig and Bale with ease.

Comment

Working...
                      X