Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why dont HBO bring back George Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why dont HBO bring back George Foreman?

Currently watching his commentary on Hopkins vs Trinidad, EPIC. He's breaking down the fight and footwork etc, he see's the beating coming Trinidad's way looong before Jim and Larry. He also talks about Mayweather in his Genaro Hernandez fight. Best commentator I've personally heard about, the way he was breaking down Trinidads footwork in the third and fourth was brilliant

Wasn't there some stuff about him & Lampley really not being fond of each other at all? I know they got into it a few times on air, like pretty heated ****. I think they kinda made amends but I doubt they ever want to work together again.

Comment

]

Comment

Yeah old George was good.

Bring him back for sure.

But nothing will ever bring HBO back to former glory unless Larry Merchant lived forever.

HBO basically died as the undisputed best commentary to watch the moment Larry retired.

His wit and humour and thrilling style was absolutely unbeatable.

Comment

He became completely disillusioned with boxing after P4P king James Page lost.

Comment

He was terrible. He spewed complete nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              Yeah old George was good.

Bring him back for sure.

But nothing will ever bring HBO back to former glory unless Larry Merchant lived forever.

HBO basically died as the undisputed best commentary to watch the moment Larry retired.

His wit and humour and thrilling style was absolutely unbeatable.
              He did not retire. He was forced out. He's still around doing commentary for secondary telecasts and some other places.

I never liked the guy. He tries too hard and is a fake, racist *******.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Wasn't there some stuff about him & Lampley really not being fond of each other at all? I know they got into it a few times on air, like pretty heated ****. I think they kinda made amends but I doubt they ever want to work together again.
                Yeah, I can't find it now but I saw an interview with Lampley a while back where the interviewer asked him if he missed working with Foreman and Lampley just said 'not at all' or something to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
                  Currently watching his commentary on Hopkins vs Trinidad, EPIC. He's breaking down the fight and footwork etc, he see's the beating coming Trinidad's way looong before Jim and Larry. He also talks about Mayweather in his Genaro Hernandez fight. Best commentator I've personally heard about, the way he was breaking down Trinidads footwork in the third and fourth was brilliant
                  He certainly is a brilliant commentator. He sees the fourth dimension. His commentary on Vargas-Trinidad is excellent. At one point he had to dumb down what he was saying so Larry Merchant could understand it. He should come back.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
                    Yeah, I can't find it now but I saw an interview with Lampley a while back where the interviewer asked him if he missed working with Foreman and Lampley just said 'not at all' or something to that effect.
                    Go to 4:50

Comment

Working...
                    X