Marquez Practicing the Lucky Punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    It's called sarcasm.
    its hard to detect sarcasm with the amount of ******s on this board though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
      its hard to detect sarcasm with the amount of ******s on this board though.
      I found it to be pretty easily detectable.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        It's called sarcasm.
        My bad if it is. But a lot of my friends have been calling it a lucky punch and I saw it a few times on here

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=576662

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$trO View Post
            Marquez knocks down sparring partner before the pac fight.. If you rewatch the fight you can see the game plan for marquez was sustain body work to set up the big right... Great fight all around and I hope Pac bounces back...

If this was posted b4 my bad I didn't see it...

imbed is not working link below
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=CqcrmP6HbI4
            Well,Iwent to the trouble of watching it-something I don't ordinarily do. You are quite wrong. The punch which put the sparring partner down was a normal straight right, thrown at the opponent when straight in front of him, as were all the other rights. This is nothing like the punch which put Pacquiao down.

THAT punch was a desperate, wildly thrown punch, and I advise you to look at it again, especially the slo-mo. Marquez's head was down actually past Pacquiao's right-side waist, when the punch landed. He may have wanted it to connect, but he had no idea where it was really going. Pacquiao didn't see it coming and that was to be expected.

I distinctly recall a similar punch I threw many, many years ago. We were preparing for the Universities Chamionships, and a former member, who by now was a doctor, and around 40 years old used to come every year to spar and get us into shape. He had been a phenomenon in his day, won the Uiversities Junior, Senior, and Irish National Junior and Senior Championships in the same year. He was a welterweight then but sparring with us he was likely a middle. I was a featherweight with a heavy left hand punch not so much a right hand. He was all over me around the ring and in sheer desperation from very close in, I threw a right hand exactly like Marquez's. My head was down around his waist and I had no idea where it would land. Ivan said after the round to us all, that he thought his jaw was broken (it wasn't) but it had to have been the heaviest punch I ever threw.

That sort of punch is a lucky punch.
            Last edited by edgarg; 12-12-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post

you'll be straight

Comment

Not a lucky punch at all.

Comment

He got "lucky" twice...did people that say its a lucky punch forget the first knockdown? hahaha

Comment

It's not a lucky punch if he trained for it. It wasn't lucky anyway because he dropped Pacquiao in the 3rd with the same punch. I'm tired of people acting like this could've happened to either fighter. Marquez knew what he was doing and he knew he was smarter! Pacquaio is the one that does'nt have the smarts not to walk into another right hand. There is no need for a rematch! The knockout just justified all the robberies that came before it. If Marquez would've gotten KO'd do you think we would be doing a 5th fight?? Why does Pacquiao get so many chances to just get a win. If Marquez is better than he is better plain and simple!!!!!!!

Comment

some ppl suck at sarcasm haha

Comment

Working...
                      X