No announcement yet.

American amateur boxing..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HEND View Post
    Boxers from USA and Mexico tends to go pro younger/earlier so I'm not surprised that nowadays Easter-Euros and Cubans are better in ams. I mean seasoned near 30 pros with hundreds of fights VS young prospects...
    Americans and Mexicans do well in pros though while Eastern-Euros and Cubans tend to drawn in the am system too long and after that they have just a short time to translate and have success among pros. That maybe changing nowadays with more and more Easter-Euros and more Cubans turn pro/defect.
    They enter pro boxing earlier because of the education system, in Europe the cost of going to college is very cheap compared to the US. The majority of American students are in debt, and most can't even afford going to college.

It's like the guy in my avatar, Beterbiev, he has his law degree, stayed in the amateurs for a very long time honing his craft.

If you want a good job in America you have to go to a university and get a legit education, either that or stick with a company for years and hope they promote you.

Comment

USA Boxing once had a decent system and than it was robbed by the guy running it, and it just hasn't bounced back since.

People don't realize that in other countries they tap young talent early and build it up through there amateur program specifically to try to win medals.

It's a whole big program, that is highly supported and funded well.

USA amateur system doesn't have any of that really. These guys aren't persued and trained until olympics is around the corner.

Comment

Working...
      X