Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More impressed with a typical Mayweather clinic? Or coming back from adversity?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
    Old shot mosley
    Really Thats where the best uve seen floyd? Man i pity floyd if it is
    I. Bet you didn't say he was shot before the fight

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
      Now this d!ckrider thought ellerby was the one who said it :///

U should watch floyd vs cotto interview with kellerman and ur boss talking about 2lbs sheyt

about that i should critisize pac
      The difference between them is we have one thats usually doing it and the other one pointing fingers but end up doing the same :/
      Now who should u critisize more?

This is not all about how it will affect canelo but its about how this will affect the result of the fight due to what floyd said and believe that 2 pounds difference will affect a fighter
      So basically he created a reason for the haters to bash him after the fight :/
      Isnt he a genius?
      ask poster thuggery who made the initial statement. yes I saw floyd take jabs at manny and elevate cotto on HBO.

one who usually does it and one who is doing it now. if you are opposed to CW's then you should be criticizing the fighter who does it more. if you are against hypocricy-you should criticize floyd as much as you did manny for having ped testing for the rios fight.

so you agree with floyd that 2lbs affects a fighter or you dont? what you are doing is saying it only applies to this fight because floyd said it in the cotto face off. thats ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
        I sense that Mayweather will put on another clinic vs Canelo in a fight where many are for some reason saying is THE defining fight of the HOFer's entire career.

However I also believe that with that clinic will come the normal critics who look to turn the win into a "Canelo was just a young, inexperienced, overrated, once tested, hype fighter who had not business in the ring with Floyd.".

So to those who are critics of Floyd, would you be more impressed if he tasted the canvas, ate hard shots, was being outboxed, yet found a way to win or at least make it close in a losing effort? Or would him simply outboxing Canelo, which he normally does, good enough for you?
        Canelo is everything you said in that quote. He's young, inexperienced and over-hyped. Beating Trout doesn't change the fact that he also fought Mosley/Gomez/Cintron/Lopez beforehand. That's why I see him as just another opponent who doesn't add much to Floyd's legacy, even-though he will have a noticeable size advantage on fight night. If Floyd is an elite fighter (as I believe he is), he'll find a way to win, plain and simple.

I know what to expect when I'm watching Floyd, and it's not about being entertained. I expect to watch a boxing lesson where he shows just how much better he is than his opponent by out-thinking and neutralizing them. Does adversity add entertainment value to a fight? I guess, but it also means that he's slipping and since he's clearly a level above Canelo, getting beat up is not a good look. Without taking intangibles and the unforeseeable into consideration, Floyd will soundly defeat Canelo and after the fight, those who hyped up the match-up and who picked Canelo will be wondering what the hell they were thinking.

Comment

True boxing/mayweather- canelo fans would first acknowledge that canelo drops Floyd and will give him props considering Floyd has never been full on dropped and then give Floyd credit for getting the win when facing adversity. Floyd apologist will totally disregard a knockdown and say but Floyd won. Floyd haters will look at a knockdown as if it was an actual win(like when Mosley rocked him) and won't give any credit at all.

Comment

I think this is the most dangerous fight Floyd has had in years. He is fighting the guy who is rated as the #1 Jr. middleweight in the world by boxrec, Ring, Boxing Scene, ESPN and just about every other organization that rates boxers. If Floyd wins it will be a great win for him whether he boxes Canelo's ears off for 12 rounds or wins a split decision after coming off the canvas in a war. Canelo is my favorite fighter but I won't be making any excuses for him if Floyd beats him. Canelo will be just fine at 152 pounds. He has had over 40 pro fights and he has been a pro since he was 15 years old. He is ready for Mayweather now. If Floyd beats Canelo I am sure he will win his next 4 fights and retire as one of the best fighters in history. Canelo could wait and have 5 more fights and gain experience while Floyd gets a year and a half older. I don't think Canelo wants that. I think Canelo wants to try to beat Mayweather now while Mayweather is at his best. He does not want people saying he beat an old fighter that was way past prime.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Canelo is everything you said in that quote. He's young, inexperienced and over-hyped. Beating Trout doesn't change the fact that he also fought Mosley/Gomez/Cintron/Lopez beforehand. That's why I see him as just another opponent who doesn't add much to Floyd's legacy, even-though he will have a noticeable size advantage on fight night. If Floyd is an elite fighter (as I believe he is), he'll find a way to win, plain and simple.

I know what to expect when I'm watching Floyd, and it's not about being entertained. I expect to watch a boxing lesson where he shows just how much better he is than his opponent by out-thinking and neutralizing them. Does adversity add entertainment value to a fight? I guess, but it also means that he's slipping and since he's clearly a level above Canelo, getting beat up is not a good look. Without taking intangibles and the unforeseeable into consideration, Floyd will soundly defeat Canelo and after the fight, those who hyped up the match-up and who picked Canelo will be wondering what the hell they were thinking.
              agreed...a win over canelo right now won't crack mayweather's top 5 best wins.

all canelo has going for him is his size and youth...other than that his style is not something that will give floyd problems..and canelo doesn't have the stamina to pressure a mobile floyd for all 12 rounds.
              Last edited by Bermuda; 06-03-2013, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                ask poster thuggery who made the initial statement. yes I saw floyd take jabs at manny and elevate cotto on HBO.

one who usually does it and one who is doing it now. if you are opposed to CW's then you should be criticizing the fighter who does it more. if you are against hypocricy-you should criticize floyd as much as you did manny for having ped testing for the rios fight.

so you agree with floyd that 2lbs affects a fighter or you dont? what you are doing is saying it only applies to this fight because floyd said it in the cotto face off. thats ridiculous.
                is pac a hypocrite about testing? yes he is

but did he go out in public saying negative about floyds testing? NOPE he didnt
                last time i check he was willing to take it just to get the fight done,
                and there came the 50/50 split on PPV problem....

as i said i laugh and criticize a person more when he himself point fingers on someone but he himself does it

its like ur pointing at someone for being a dummy but the truth is u urself is one big dummy
                who should i laugh more?
                the person who is obviously is a dummy? or u whos a dummy but acting like a genius?

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
                  I. Bet you didn't say he was shot before the fight
                  even ur son if u have one can tell whos the grandpa in this picture

did i call him shot b4 the fight? yes i did
                  Last edited by viperz007; 06-03-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Honestly, I don't think Canelo cracks the top 10 of Mayweather's toughest opponents. It's going to be sooooo easy.

Comment

It would be better if he just dominates. It wouldn't be good if he looks bad against Canelo lol

Comment

Working...
                      X