Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question..How the hell is Floyd still the WBC champ at 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's coz jose sulaiman is a greedy fuck that's why

Comment

I mean i don't get it i see fighters win belts one day and stripped the next yet he has 2 belts right now with no mention of his next fight. Geale won the WBA title last fucking month and already got stripped,floyd has the WBA title at 154 and it is all good...i am a huge Floyd fan but come on fair is fair

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
        He won the belt Sept 2011 and has not defended it in 14 months and has not announced any intention to fight and even won another title at 154.Reason ask is because i remember when Martinez beat Pavlik they immediately told him to drop one of the belts and ended up stripping him on his 154 and 160 WBC titles.
        You answered your own question. It is the WBC for crying out loud. Hands down the most corrupt of all the belts out there. It is meaningless belt anyway as of late.

Look how long they have Canelo with it and he hasn't been forced yet to face a deserving ranked contender.

How about the fiasco when they stripped Martinez quickly but endorsed the Zbik/Jr fight.

Their track history is not good

Comment

blame the wbc. they want their percentage and floyd fights make lots of dollars.

i doubt floyd even cares if they strip him. more money for him to keep.

Comment

Its a good question Larry, and I can only assume that Sulaiman is a flo to the mo!

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
              He won the belt Sept 2011 and has not defended it in 14 months and has not announced any intention to fight and even won another title at 154.Reason ask is because i remember when Martinez beat Pavlik they immediately told him to drop one of the belts and ended up stripping him on his 154 and 160 WBC titles.
              Cmon Larry. If you are the disgusting, corrupt wbc and you get 3% sanctioning fee regardless of who the champ is, do you strip floyd and crown a champion who fights on ESPN or SHobox (3% of 20k 2 times) or do you wait for floyd to fight once a year(3% of 40mil)?

Comment

I do not think Floyd is cherry picking anyone nor is that what this thread is about, so please dont direct it in that direction.
                I do, and you mentioned the Martinez being stripped but Floyd wasnt so therfore the points are valid. How else can he old onto a title for over a year without facing a mandatory.

Comment

Because there isn't a Mexican fighter they're trying to make a champ at 147.

Comment

Sanctioning bodies are corrupt and belts are near meaningless. That's why.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco Cain View Post
                      Because there isn't a Mexican fighter they're trying to make a champ at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X