• Show
Clear All

• Rocky Marciano vs Macarthur Foster

Who wins this fight and why?

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
    Who wins this fight and why?
    This is a walkover for Marciano in 4.

Comment

Foster was a big strong guy, but as one dimensional as a fighter could be. Marciano was a lot more skilled than given credit for and would outbox and outpunch Foster until a mid-late round stoppage after Rocky winning every round.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Foster was a big strong guy, but as one dimensional as a fighter could be. Marciano was a lot more skilled than given credit for and would outbox and outpunch Foster until a mid-late round stoppage after Rocky winning every round.
        I second this.

Foster would be lucky to survive 6 IMO. Marciano was not the walking punch bag that he is depicted as soem in this forums. No one outpoints Ezzard (doesn't KO him, however well past his prime he may be) by being that. Moore one of the craftiest hitters in the history of boxing said that it was very difficult to hit the Rock cleanly. He fought from a crouch coupled with his height it made him a bit of a difficult target. One thing I read about daily that makes my head spin is speed, speed and speed. In those 49 fights the Rock met at least soem guys who were faster than him by a long shot. He caught upto them. Did Holmes beat a prime Ali, did Tyson beat a prime Holmes?

The Louis that Marciano beat was better than these two. Yet he gets pulled down by haters in boxing forums. He might not be top 3 but he is not what some fools write here daily.

Any guy who goes 49-0 is no bum. Did Wlad go undefeated in one of the worst eras of boxing? or Vitaly? Who did Lewis get beat by? Top level great contenders?

Comment

Working...
        X