Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Razor Ruddock do if he fought today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    besides the k bros huge huge now thats any good? most of the hws now are fat cruisers.
    I'm not saying that they are necessarily better than Ruddock, but Pulev, Thompson, Dimitrenko, Helenius, Price, and Fury are all as big or bigger than RR.

Comment

Ruddock with all his limitations would still dominate the contenders. He was better that all the jokes in the top ten today.

Comment

Would be KOed by prime Vitali, would be KOed or loss comfortably by present Wlad.
        Would have a very competitive fight with Haye.

Beats everybody else.

Comment

At the beginning of his career, Ruddock was a stick and move guy with a sharp jab, hence the nickname "Razor." All of a sudden he turned into a big puncher. As you all know, his big punch was the left hook, and he never got real slick at setting up that hook. Watch his fights and you'll see a guy hobbling around with all his weight up front, looking for that left hand. that didn't serve him well agianst a tall, right hand aware guy like Lewis and the K's fight much the same.

Comment

Theres a few men that were top fifteen then that would do a little bit better in this era. Razor was a good fighter but he had his own agenda and it went against his boxing career at times! Razor, Dokes, Berbick, Morer etc were all good fighters that didn't have that intense focus a fighter needs to have to get through "outside" distractions!! Sometimes its safer in the ring!!
            I think that era was a bit deeper in talent and there seemed to be more of them then today! I watched Admek the other day and he's terrible. I know he's at the end but he couldn't follow up on his own advancements. He had Cunningham on the run he would advance then let the guy continue away from him. No conditioning and no "will" to get it done. When your that past it just walk away! He needs to stay away from punchers, I know they will come to him and thats easier for him but he's at the point now were good hits can hurt him in more ways than one!! As for Cunningham, go back to cruserweight or retire, I'd hate to pay to see him fight!! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
              ^His injury was hepatitis

To answer the question, he'd be in the mix, but not at the top. Win some, lose some.
              Who could possibly beat him besides Wlad? I think he'd be the second best out there and there is a decent chance he stops Wlad with a punchers chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                Would be KOed by prime Vitali
                Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  Would be KOed by prime Vitali, would be KOed or loss comfortably by present Wlad.
                  Would have a very competitive fight with Haye.

Beats everybody else.
                  lmao

The versions that fought Tyson would kill either Klit

Waldo would be rolling around the canvas slobbering like a ****** if he ever fought Ruddock ... a glass jawed, weak willed jab jab grab moron who has been dropped more than car keys would have no chance

Comment

the problem ruddock would have against the K's is real simple. Watch him against morrison shuffling around the ring with all his weight on his front foot. With all your weight on the front foot, how do you avoid a right hand? have you EVER seen Ruddock bob and weave? Lewis did him in 2; the Ks (and I'm no fan) do hi m just as quick.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                      lmao

The versions that fought Tyson would kill either Klit

Waldo would be rolling around the canvas slobbering like a ****** if he ever fought Ruddock ... a glass jawed, weak willed jab jab grab moron who has been dropped more than car keys would have no chance
                      Ruddock never beat anyone nearly as good as Wladimir. The closest guy he fought that resembled him was Lewis, who beat him quickly and easily. Ruddock was a predictable one trick pony who could never beat a smart fighter like Klitschko. Be honest, you just overrate him because it makes Tyson look better.

Comment

Working...
                      X