Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of people who commit suicide?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liraj View Post
    I think it's the highest form of selfishness. They not only kill themselves but also kill a piece of everybody that cares for them, and for that they go straight to hell.......... just my opinion.
    well it is, apparently, a mortal sin to commit suicide. you've got a point from a religious stand point as well.

Comment

I think it's the highest form of selfishness. They not only kill themselves but also kill a piece of everybody that cares for them, and for that they go straight to hell.......... just my opinion.
      I agree, except for the bit about hell, which is merely a figment of human consciousness.

Comment

In other culture it's equivalent to dying with honor. It is even performed in a ceremony with spectators. They couldn't care less whether they're going to hell or what. Honor is what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          I agree, except for the bit about hell, which is merely a figment of human consciousness.

cant argue with that, I haven't been to church in year's

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
            In other culture it's equivalent to dying with honor. It is even performed in a ceremony with spectators. They couldn't care less whether they're going to hell or what. Honor is what matters.
            Food for thought, but in Japanese culture (historically I mean), it almost definitely involved coercion. Not overt per se, but there was considerable pressure, surely. Such as in the case of the kamikaze, or perhaps we had ought to say 'suicide corps'.

Comment

It could be a useful concept, although the 'lake of fire' concept is a bit too abstract for me. Though I've never been to church.

But your post was spot on. Completely so.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post

True.. a lot of culture's live by the "I'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" mentality.
                Last edited by UTEP; 11-02-2012, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                  Food for thought, but in Japanese culture (historically I mean), it almost definitely involved coercion. Not overt per se, but there was considerable pressure, surely. Such as in the case of the kamikaze, or perhaps we had ought to say 'suicide corps'.
                  Good you qualify it with almost. How about government officials who resign right away after some minor scandals? Japanese culture value honor and would rather die with honor than to live in shame. I don't exactly agree with it having grown up in a different upbringing but it sure is fascinating.
                  Last edited by kadyo's; 11-02-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

It's sad especially when people do it young.

Comment

Haha I don't know man. Born and raised catholic but I only go to church during weddings, baptismals, necrological rights and the like. On the other hand, my wife is a very religious woman who goes to church every Sunday

Comment

Working...
                      X