Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you criticize Pacquiao for fighting Clottey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    He fought Cotto who was given a questionable win over Clottey, and is now fighting the guy many thought beat Cotto. That is called cleaning out the division.
    He didn't beat Cotto IMO, but it's a very good opponent. Then again I feel the same way about Cintron, not great but very good.

Comment

I have no idea how anyone can criticise Pacquiao for fighting Clottey.

Clottey is dangerous and a true top 5 welterweight who argueably beat Cotto ( alot thought he won), had a competitive fight with Margarito where he withstood 1675 punches from Margarito with a injured left hand and still lasted the distance.

Clottey's got a very tough defense and is durable, he has a stiff jab, sneaky lead right hand and is effective at putting punches together. His uppercuts are pretty good also. Clottey can also fight on the backfoot or coming forward. His only flaw is his workrate late in fights.

He will not be easy for Pacquiao. Clottey is the sort of fighter that makes you look bad.

I see Pacquiao outworking him to a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post
        Where was all of this Clottey criticism when he was fighting Margarito?
        Margarito never was and never will be regarded as the best fighter on the planet. He is nowhere near the stature of Pac. Why do you think no one bitched when he fought Golden Johnson? They dont exect that much from him....

Comment

You can criticize Pac because he is fighting another come forward fighter who has no movement. He is fighting a guy who walks forward with his guard up and lets you swing at him. As good as Clottey is (and he is good) he is not a slick fighter with mobility like we have al lbeen begging Pac to fight since Marquez.

Comment

Its another face first flat footed fighter Bully.

Clottey lost every big fight hes ever had does this win count as cleaning out the divison.

When Marg and Cotto ALREADY beat him??

Comment

Pac is not fighting a "slick African/American" so he will be criticized.. he is fighting a pure "African" and not "African/American" Detractors have always excuses... ..

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
                I have no idea how anyone can criticise Pacquiao for fighting Clottey.

Clottey is dangerous and a true top 5 welterweight who argueably beat Cotto ( alot thought he won), had a competitive fight with Margarito where he withstood 1675 punches from Margarito with a injured left hand and still lasted the distance.

Clottey's got a very tough defense and is durable, he has a stiff jab, sneaky lead right hand and is effective at putting punches together. His uppercuts are pretty good also. Clottey can also fight on the backfoot or coming forward. His only flaw is his workrate late in fights.

He will not be easy for Pacquiao. Clottey is the sort of fighter that makes you look bad.

I see Pacquiao outworking him to a decision.
                'totally agree with you sir..

joshua is very dangerous, bigger and durable fighter. imo, this is a good tune up fight for pac in preparation in case pac-floyd happens. joshua got a good defense and quick hands. this fight will serve a very good advantage for team pac, good strategy i should say.

Comment

i criticized this SH IT!!!!!

MALINAGGI is the best OPTION for PAC lol

Comment

I think this a dangerous fight for Pacquiao and there should be some interest in it... yet its not the fight the majority of us want to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X