Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help in choosing a water heavy bag,(century or top ten.)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help in choosing a water heavy bag,(century or top ten.)

Hi, I can't decide which water punching bag to buy.Since I am from Westeurope I can't buy Title and Ringside brand ones,so I am stuck between

century-europe.eu/Hydrocore-Bag-XL

and

toptencanada.com/trainingbags.php?item=255

The century bag seems to be longer arround and got good reviews online.
    I couldn't find anything about the Top Ten.

I asked top ten canada what the wag weighs when completely filled and they said 160 to 180 lbs which seems strange however since the it mesures 120 X 35 cm compared to 132 X 35 for the hydrocore which is listed as 120 lbs.

water heavybag?

Comment

water bags are awesome.

what material are they? the 2nd one is vinyl. isnt vinyl like really slippery once wet? your punches will slip off the bag when you sweat. at least thats what happens to me when i hit bags that are taped up. i think vinyl is about the same but i dont know

the top ten is only 130$. the other one is close to 200 euros. thats twice as expensive. if its leather it might be worth it but i dont know

Comment

Nope, no water bags. Stick to traditional heavy bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
          Nope, no water bags. Stick to traditional heavy bag.
          I'm extremely skeptical of it replicating hitting a human I prefer Rock hard heavy bags.

Comment

Well first thanks for the fast replies guys.

@Bullrush Well actually the Top Ten and the century are about the same cost, I don't plan on buying from Top Ten Canada I just used the site since it's in English.
            Actually I plan on ordering from a german vendor where I pay 150 Euro for the Top Ten 2 so it's the same,also I may find the century one cheaper since cenrury europe seems a little overpriced.About the material,the 2 bags are vinyl,the two are covered with foam,the Top Ten one's being 7 cm and the hydrocore's one 7,5 cm. Possibly I could also try to lay my hands on an everlast hydrostrike,these are Polycanvas but from what I saw besides their standart punching bags don't seem to be any around in Europe and people say that the everlast one's are a pain in the ass.

Edit: I just saw that if I were to order a Liquishock 180 lbs from store.titleboxing.com it would cost me 193 Euro incliusive shipping. Everyone says Title are one of the best so I don't know,should I take the risk and let it being shipped from the States?
            Last edited by Josama; 05-28-2011, 01:25 AM.

Comment

tyson working the water bag

@josama
              i dont know. what if you dont like the bag or it rips at some point and you want it replaced? shipping would be too expensive, like 50 dollars or so. so you pretty much have to stick to that bag for the next few years even if you dont like it, if you order it from the US

i dont know, i havent tried the 2 yet. but theyre pretty much the same from everything ive read. you said one of them has some pretty good reviews online so i would settle for that one

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                tyson working the water bag

@josama
                i dont know. what if you dont like the bag or it rips at some point and you want it replaced? shipping would be too expensive, like 50 dollars or so. so you pretty much have to stick to that bag for the next few years even if you dont like it, if you order it from the US

i dont know, i havent tried the 2 yet. but theyre pretty much the same from everything ive read. you said one of them has some pretty good reviews online so i would settle for that one
                What is keeping me from deciding is mainly the weight since the Top Ten is heavier when filled.The Top Ten also was released later then the century which could be good in the sense that it could have moderner built but is also not so good in the sens that I can't find any reviews online.Also,not only can't I find any reviews about the Top Ten water bag but even about the brand itself.Found only one discussion online where a guy said that they were making good gloves.

Comment

Working...
                X