No announcement yet.

Tim Bradley DID NOT duck Khan.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    He chose instead to sign with Top Rank in order to chase a Pacquiao fight. Since Pac is a tougher opponent and also a bigger payday in no way can anyone say that Bradley was "ducking" Amir Khan.

And Tim has now managed to get not one but two big career paydays against Pac so he obviously made the right move.
    He kinda did though. Can't blame him for waiting around to get the PAC fight but he even said "what if I lose?" when it came to fighting Khan. "I'm out of the PAC sweepstakes".

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Everyone knows that the only way you can get a Pacquiao fight is to join Top Rank. Shane Mosley had to do it and so did Marquez.

Bradley just did what he had to do.

And you can't say a guy is ducking if he goes on to fight a tougher opponent than the guy he supposedly ducked!
      He fought Casamayor after turning Khan down.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        He fought Casamayor after turning Khan down.
        As part of the two fight deal to fight Pacquiao.

Comment

Would Khan be able to fight Bradley today? Does the "Cold War" apply to this situation as well?

That would be a helluva fight.

Comment

He called Khan out, the fight was there to be made, there was an offer, and he walked away from it with no guarantee at all that he would get a Pacquiao fight. Even if he was told he eventually would, he had no idea when that might be.

It was a duck that worked out for him, but it was a duck nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Not true because Cotto was offered the fight before Bradley. So there was no deal.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkr26OYjoKA

1:25 onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  Khan fans are a strange bunch. They even think Floyd is scared of khan. Guess they have To defend him to death since there's no Brits outside of HW
                  There clearly is.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                    Yep I agree.

the wiki sums it all up

Timothy Bradley was stripped of his title as he refused to fight then World Boxing Association light-welterweight champion Amir Khan. Many have speculated that Bradley was not satisfied with the $1.3 million to fight a boxer of Amir Khan's caliber, although this was Bradley highest pay day in his entire career so far. Also, he had admitted that it was too risky to fight Amir Khan, asking rhetorically on the American radio show Leave It In The Ring, "What if I lose then I am out the sweepstake to fight pound-for-pound-king Manny Pacquiao for 7.5 million dollars?"[11] Bradley's refusal to take the fight led to a falling out between him and his promoter Gary Shaw. Subsequently he was stripped of the WBC title due to inactivity.[12]
                    Key statement. Shameful duck.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      What an absolute fabrication.

Comment

Working...
                      X