Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz, Did he quit against Mayweather???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Look at it this way:

If he headbutts foyd and gets a DQ he is a dirty fighter but still an attraction. If floyd kept outclassing him like that, he could've been really hurt on top of being embarassed and looking like a bum, which hurts his marketability.
    Naw I know i just sounded funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      And the Ortiz headbutt wasnt a cheap shot???
      it was..both need a thing or 2 about class ..

classy fighters would'nt have done what both of these idiots did...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        it was..both need a thing or 2 about class ..

classy fighters would'nt have done what both of these idiots did...
        may a dog, forget class

Comment

If Vic did try to quit it was for me more then likely trying to get dqed through the headbutt.The punches that put him down were solid shots he was expecting he could'nt have got him for me

Comment

He probably could have gotten to his feet, but I remember thinking he looked worse off than I remembered from the punch last time I watched.

Comment

He quit. He was smiling while he sat there and got counted out. He thought that the ref was going to do something to Floyd so waited there like a punk.

Comment

He quit because he knew he wouldn't win the fight. He realized he was in there with a much better fighter than he is and didn't want any more. The stunt he pulled with the headbutt wasn't out of frustration, he does that alot. Maybe not as blatant but he uses his head constantly. I watched the Berto fight recently. Ortiz had his head in Berto's face so many times I stopped counting. The crazy thing is the ref warned him repeatedly but never took a point away. He was being dirty with Floyd and got KO'd for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
                  may a dog, forget class
                  he's a puppy when it comes to challengin himself....

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    It's dirty, but not cheap. Cheap is what Floyd did, deceiving his opponent into an embrace only to judas him when he wasn't looking.

I suppose him getting up after it was acting too...

Doesn't really make sense when he was having his best round.
                    But thats like being the world's tallest midget. It don't mean your tall. Vic was losing but was n't losing as bad as rds 1-3.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      But thats like being the world's tallest midget. It don't mean your tall. Vic was losing but was n't losing as bad as rds 1-3.
                      I would've given him the round if all that hadn't happened and I gave Mayweather the first three.

Ortiz was stupid with what he did, he got carried away in the heat of the moment. Mayweather's actions were more premeditated, not a nice end.

The fans lost with this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X