Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there Hopkins wont fight Kovalev talk when Kovalev minor-cherrypicked?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there Hopkins wont fight Kovalev talk when Kovalev minor-cherrypicked?

Im not saying he blatantly ducked Hopkins. Im just saying when Murat fell through the first time. IBF made Kovalev the #1 contender and Hopkins said Ill fight him or anybody whos the #1 contender. Instead Kovalev picked the easier road and took Cleverly on HBO because it was easier then to try and make a deal with Goldenboy.

Again im not saying its a huge cherrypicked because he got to fight and take a belt sooner. Im just saying the fight was there and Hopkins accepted so why are people acting like Hopkins is scared of a fighter who on paper Hopkins has embarressed similar his whole career.

The fight will be harder to make now with HBO involved and if Hopkins has to wait for Goldenboy and HBO to make up the longer it takes the more it favors Kovalev. Hopefully they can work it out because its a great fight and Kovalev does seem tougher then cloud.

Hopkins told Kovalev to go fight Cleverly. It was typical Hopkins talk, "I'll fight Kovalev...but, Showtime don't want it. Kovalev go fight Cleverly, I got this guy Murat to take care of."

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
      Hopkins told Kovalev to go fight Cleverly. It was typical Hopkins talk, "I'll fight Kovalev...but, Showtime don't want it. Kovalev go fight Cleverly, I got this guy Murat to take care of."
      That pretty much ends it there.

Comment

Working...
      X