No announcement yet.

There are too many Slick, black Title holding Boxers at Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Alexander and Bradley were top fighters at 140 and that was a disaster. Both fighters took a risk and got nothing out of it. Either guy would have been better off fighting Khan instead.
    Lol how could i forget that awful fight. Just an awful fight. At the time khan would've beaten both I believe.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cupo303;13878765]That fight was a disaster, commercially and fight wise.

The more I think about it the more I get it. These guys have no natural fan base, and to generate any revenue with the fanbase that they do have, Barack Obama would have to stimulate the economy with some more welfare checks and Obama bucks in order to afford the PPV and tickets.
      [/QUOTE]

Is that so; all of there fans are on welfare I've learned something new today.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
        That fight was a disaster, commercially and fight wise.

The more I think about it the more I get it. These guys have no natural fan base, and to generate any revenue with the fanbase that they do have, Barack Obama would have to stimulate the economy with some more welfare checks and Obama bucks in order to afford the PPV and tickets.
        Well that's a pretty ignorant statement. Regardless the real problem is that young black people in the US just don't get into boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
          Lol how could i forget that awful fight. Just an awful fight. At the time khan would've beaten both I believe.
          Bad career move because of bad management. If Devon had Haymon back then it would never have happened. And that's why Bradley left Gary Shaw for Top Rank.

Now look where both of them are now.

Comment

Welterweight is the most talent filled weightclass in boxing right now. No other weightclass comes close. All the champs are dominant and very skilled.

Comment

Well that's a pretty ignorant statement. Regardless the real problem is that young black people in the US just don't get into boxing.
              True, all my bros would rather watch basketball or football. I think that's here in the east coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
                come one man you seem like a good poster don't fall for the influences of the masses. That fight wasn't bad at all. If you knew how they fought you could definitley appreciate it. Two prime, potential Hall of Famers going at it. What more do you want?

Comment

Originally posted by face untouched View Post
                  Welterweight is the most talent filled weightclass in boxing right now. No other weightclass comes close. All the champs are dominant and very skilled.
                  Bradley isn't dominant, he got a gift title and then got beaten up Provodnikov.
                  Alexander beat an old Bailey, Purdy and hugged Maidana, hardly dominant.
                  Broner has had one split decision win over Malignaggi.

Only dominant champ is Mayweather and he refused to fight the guy he was supposed to.

Most of them aren't even real WWs, but rather blown up JWWs. I'd love to see a legit WW like Thurman bowl them all over but he won't be given the chance any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by face untouched View Post
                    come one man you seem like a good poster don't fall for the influences of the masses. That fight wasn't bad at all. If you knew how they fought you could definitley appreciate it. Two prime, potential Hall of Famers going at it. What more do you want?
                    They took it too early though. Imagine if they were both undefeated still. The fight would be even bigger and they would both be more experienced.

Alexander came up the hard way. He should of signed with Haymon earlier and had his career managed better. The talent is there. He shut Maidana out.

Comment

Its an Alliance:

Broner-Alexander friends
                      Broner-Mayweather friends
                      Bradley - wrong network

None of these 4 will ever share the same ring again.
                      Ain't that a b!tch?? I hope that Thurman really puts on a show against Soto-Karass so he can get his shot against Broner/Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                      X