No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Audley Admits: It Looks Like My Journey is at an End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Audley Admits: It Looks Like My Journey is at an End

AUDLEY Harrison’s career is finally over after he admitted: “It looks like my journey is at an end.”

The boxer, who promised so much and delivered so little in his professional career, was dumped on his backside and counted out after just 82 seconds against David Price in Liverpool.

The defeat not only robbed Harrison of a chance of becoming British heavyweight champion – it showed his boasts of still challenging for the world title to be a complete fraud. [Click Here To Read More]

well..................

Comment

Harrison definitely needs to hang them up.

Comment

Audley Harrison is an embarrassment to professional boxing.

He fights with an open guard, as if he has the skills of Roy Jones Jr, but without any movement of the feet or body. He's an open target, as first Haye then Price exposed. All you have to do is have a punch and, if you're not bigger than him, close the distance.

He's also evidently somebody with no self belief. If you think all that bluster over the years was just a sales pitch; you're half right. It was also an attempt to convince himself that he ever had a chance of being a success in the pro ranks. Every time he was saying, "Trust me, I'm destined to be champion!" he was saying it just as much to help his own lack of confidence in his abilities - because he knew better than anybody else that he just wasn't capable of competing with the best.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that Audley got sparked badly in sparring early in his career, likely several times. I'm sure there's a story or two of that to come out. It would explain why the Olympic Gold medalist would fight a string of bums and bouncers and look like a dear in the headlights every time. It would explain why he fought with such extreme caution that he basically handed victories to physically inferior - but more determined - guys like a shot Williams, Guinn (previously beaten by fat Toney and Monte Barrett, and now a journeyman), Rogan (all heart no skill) and Sprott (Audley being the only notable fighter Sprott stopped in his entire career).

Maybe you are proud of doing it "your way" Audley, but that's like a clown wanting to be taken seriously as a performer.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
          Audley Harrison is an embarrassment to professional boxing.

He fights with an open guard, as if he has the skills of Roy Jones Jr, but without any movement of the feet or body. He's an open target, as first Haye then Price exposed. All you have to do is have a punch and, if you're not bigger than him, close the distance.

He's also evidently somebody with no self belief. If you think all that bluster over the years was just a sales pitch; you're half right. It was also an attempt to convince himself that he ever had a chance of being a success in the pro ranks. Every time he was saying, "Trust me, I'm destined to be champion!" he was saying it just as much to help his own lack of confidence in his abilities - because he knew better than anybody else that he just wasn't capable of competing with the best.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that Audley got sparked badly in sparring early in his career, likely several times. I'm sure there's a story or two of that to come out. It would explain why the Olympic Gold medalist would fight a string of bums and bouncers and look like a dear in the headlights every time. It would explain why he fought with such extreme caution that he basically handed victories to physically inferior - but more determined - guys like a shot Williams, Guinn (previously beaten by fat Toney and Monte Barrett, and now a journeyman), Rogan (all heart no skill) and Sprott (Audley being the only notable fighter Sprott stopped in his entire career).

Maybe you are proud of doing it "your way" Audley, but that's like a clown wanting to be taken seriously as a performer.
          As a man who has not followed Audley Harrison's career much, nor watched any of his fights besides the Olympics.... I'm going to just go ahead and say
          /thread

Comment

"""Audley Admits: It Looks Like My Journey is at an End""". Ya think?? Duh.

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure. This scam artist will try to eke out one final, final, final payday.

A disgrace to the sport.

Comment

Wait up Auds, Chisora hasn't KO'd you yet!

Comment

ha ha Audley will want to go out on a win against Chisora, if haye can beat him, then surely Audley can?

But everyone is entitled to make a living. But Audley must lower his ticket prices to see him perform now. Maybe a bargain bucket price of £5 to watch him perform, still quite expensive that is if you divide it by 82 seconds viewing time.

Comment

A part of me has died with Audley retiring. End of an era folks.

Comment

Working...
                    X