No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: NSAC: Chavez, Martinez Drug Test Negative For Steroids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: NSAC: Chavez, Martinez Drug Test Negative For Steroids

So far, the September 15 middleweight championship bout between Sergio Martinez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr is still on as scheduled.

Due to the number of notable athletes who have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs this year alone, random drug testing has served as a major storyline for any big boxing event these days. There’s a legitimate sidebar that comes with the middleweight title fight, though for the moment the issue is being addressed head on.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great news and great for the sport,hope they keep randomly testing through out the training camps so that there are no excuses

Comment

Good.

These tests are good for the sport no doubt.

Comment

After Peterson and Berto, there is no way in hell they're not going to have random testing for every major fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
          After Peterson and Berto, there is no way in hell they're not going to have random testing for every major fight.
          they will, u can count on it

Comment

Wow good, hope people start backing off a lil on both guys now with this

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
              Just remember, VADA caught them and not USADA. USADA has more loopholes than VADA.

Comment

It's good to know that more advanced testing is being done for this fight and in boxing in general. This is not USADA testing, but it's a step forward from the usual testing. I had no idea until now. It will be interesting to see if Chavez Jr tests positive or not considering his history and the fact that he's working with Freddie "The Dope Coach" Roach. I hope it doesn't happen but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. This is still early days. There's plenty more testing to be done between now and September 15th.
                Last edited by JK1700; 07-19-2012, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                  It's good to know that more advanced testing is being done for this fight and in boxing in general. This is not USADA testing, but it's a step forward from the usual testing. I had no idea until now. It will be interesting to see if Chavez Jr tests positive or not considering his history and the fact that he's with Roach. I hope it doesn't happen but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. There's still plenty more testing to be done between now and September 15th.
                  Yeah hopefully they don't think that testing an out of training Chavez is going to be enough to silence the critics from talking about him and PED's

Comment

unless your a chavez fan or his dad, you most likely wanna see sergio beat the **** out him like i do. but im concerned, at first i vthought steroids before vthe fight is unfair as always but hell chavez is tough and if he has to be clean vthat means hes training his ass off or gut to make 160. id take a dehydrated cheat chavez over a clean and in superior shape chavez. but i guess we'll have vto wait and see what goes down.

Comment

Working...
                    X