No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr: I want to fight Murray in July

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez Jr: I want to fight Murray in July

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr will not vacate the belt as suggested by WBC longtime president Jose Sulaiman. The native of Sinaloa boxer thinks there's more than enough time to make an optional defense and then fight against Martinez.

"I want to fight an optional defense in June, maybe against Martin Murray (23-0-1, 10 KO) in Los Angeles. After that if Martinez wins his fight then I'll fight him" Said Chavez Jr to newspaper Record.

Julio said that the fight with Martinez must be done, because that's the fight everybody is expecting. However, he also suggested to the WBC to treat equally all the champions, especially since he already defeated the #1 contender and now he has another mandatory defense.

"I assure all of you that I'm going to fight Martinez, but I just hope that they all the champions are treated equally, even with Canelo who hasn't done a mandatory defense since he won the belt"

Chavez Jr, who was crowned in June 4th of 2011 and became the first Mexican to hold a middleweight championship, said that he also appreciated Sulaiman, but that he has earned everything he has so far.

"I appreciate him, he knows it, but he hasn't helped me in my fights, I defeated the chapmion and then I defended my belt against the best in the division" finalized Chavez Jr.

Source: Record
    http://www.record.com.mx/tmf/2012-02...-martin-murray

I translated the article so all of you guys could understand it.

fuk that fight Andy Lee

Comment

Tell this bush to retire, he is a scrub

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
        fuk that fight Andy Lee
        I like the fight against Lee, but Murray? Nah...

Comment

Mushahadeen- did you see the jcc jr fight against zbik, or any fight with jcc jr. He is no defensive wizard, he gets hit all the time but faces fighters with no power. Jcc jr better watch out for maravilla.

Comment

Jr has a point, he won the belt, then defended it. If he wants a voluntary defense so what? He'll fight sergio afterwards, if sergio beats macklin, no Biggie.

That way they both hopefully come off of wins and have a great fight in our hands.
            Last edited by Junior M Weight; 02-24-2012, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ogee1ur View Post
              Mushahadeen- did you see the jcc jr fight against zbik, or any fight with jcc jr. He is no defensive wizard, he gets hit all the time but faces fighters with no power. Jcc jr better watch out for maravilla.
              Jr beats maravilla. Sergio is overrated, will get muscled up and isnt going to ko a 180lb 25 year old mexican with a chin.

Comment

After Cotto loses to Mayweather, Chavez and Cotto should fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
                  fuk that fight Andy Lee
                  This. I was looking forward to a fight with Andy Lee

Comment

Working...
                  X