Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs Joe Calzaghe at SMW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta go with Ward. He is a superior technical fighter. I don't think Calzaghe ever faced as good of a fighter in his career as Andre is now, and I don't think that is in his favor.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Calzaghe ruins careers and that's the truth- just like Pac does. Where did Kessler go? What about Bika? Lacy? Jones?
      His (Manfredo Jr.'s) career sure tanked though didn't it?
      Um, Kessler became a titlist again. Twice.

Um, Bika improved after Calzaghe.

Um, Lacy I'll give you. But he was never that good to begin with.

Um, Roy was shot to absolute **** well before he faced Calzaghe. See Joe's own moving testimony, "Connor was sobbing 'dad, he is amazing' and I tried to reassure him 'don't worry son, Jones isn't that good anymore.'"

And Manfredo was hardly headed for the top.

You gotta be trolling, though.

Comment

Lol at Mathed saying what about Jones...

Comment

Calzaghe ruins careers and that's the truth- just like Pac does. Where did Kessler go? What about Bika? Lacy? Jones?
          Kessler went on to beat Froch and win a title.

Bika went on to give the best SMW in the world his toughest fight to date.

daggum already schooled you on Lacy.

And LOfuckingL at you even bringing up Jones.

Comment

Just the presence of Calzaghe during the ring walk had most opponents staining their trunks, they knew the whooping that was about to commence.

Comment

It would be interesting but Calzaghe would take it. 1000+ punches thrown at speed, good chin, unbelievable stamina and he's able to adapt to pretty much any opponent.

Comment

Pac ended the careers of DLH, Hatton, Diaz, Clottey, Mosley

Calzaghe was a beast, he makes Ward cry in the ring- envy is a powerful emotion so I empathize with you guys.
                Yeah Idk what happened to RJJ's career, but Joe Calzaghe definitely killed it....

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                  Lol at Mathed saying what about Jones...
                  I honestly feel that the Calzaghe loss was the nail in the coffin on a great legacy......what: Hopkins, Green, Russian dude.....3 straight beatdowns in a row after an apparent comeback?

Comment

Originally posted by STONES! View Post
                    Um, Kessler became a titlist again. Twice.

Um, Bika improved after Calzaghe.

Um, Lacy I'll give you. But he was never that good to begin with.

Um, Roy was shot to absolute **** well before he faced Calzaghe. See Joe's own moving testimony, "Connor was sobbing 'dad, he is amazing' and I tried to reassure him 'don't worry son, Jones isn't that good anymore.'"

And Manfredo was hardly headed for the top.

You gotta be trolling, though.
                    After B-Hop lost to Joe, The executioner destroyed the undefeated Pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
                      After B-Hop lost to Joe, The executioner destroyed the undefeated Pavlik.
                      I didn't mention Hopkins in there though. The rest fell off.....sure they had some wins against some Euro-cans (no offense intended) as confidence builders but they all claimed career stalling injuries, or crumbled in the face of adversity after the Calzaghe fight...he showed them their true colors........the truth is often a painful thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X