No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins - The Magic of The Executioner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
    Debate deliberate vs inadvertent? There is no debate. It was as deliberate as they come.

Of course, it was in response to Hopkins being a bit naughty himself, but it was an inappropriate response.

Somebody pointed out he tried to do the same thing to Pascal, although Pascal's balance was a bit harder to unsettle. I don't have that clip to hand.

He pushed Hopkins off with his shoulder, MOST boxers usually get up. See Mayweather vs Genaro Herndanez, see Cotto vs Clottey, see Klitschko vs Chambers, see Hatton vs Tszyu. Don't blame Dawson for the end result in the first fight, blame Hopkins for clinching every second.

Pascal wasn't shoved or pushed, Dawson just ended up clinching Pascal's legs because Dawson was taller, and that only happened for a couple seconds.
    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 04-26-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SAJ10 View Post
      People are taking way too much from the first fight.

i thought the first two rounds were fairly even with little to split them.

Hopkins always feels you out early - uses footwork, frustrates, even if you win the round - you get more and more frustrated and he neutralises you and I think he would have started to pick Dawson off from 4 onwards.

I watched a programme tonight about Leopards - how there the cat in the jungle that has survived and while Lions, tigers and other cats - the numbers are diminishing.

Unlike Lions and Tigers, they're not the Strongest and unlike Cheaters not the fastest.

But they're the smartest - and make the most of what they've got.

They are not wild or impulsive - they have a game-plan for day to day life that ensures their survival - everything's planned meticulously and they know when to go for the kill and when to wait for the right moment, not to put themselves in danger.

They've even stalk the rivals to find out about their habits and understand them and look for weaknesses.

Hopkins is a Leopard - not the biggest, strongest, quickest but the smartest.

Studies his opponents inside out - always a game plan to neutralise them and is the master of patience like the Leopard - which is why the smart Leopard survives and the stronger, bigger, quicker cats are dwindling.

Dawson can beat Hopkins - age has to become a factor at some point, but i wouldn't be at all surprised to see B-Hop pull it off again.

Close early 4/5 rounds Dawson possibly ahead - then Hopkins starts to find his rythym and openings as Dawson like the Lion suffers mental lapses at periods in the fight - the Leopard with concentration and patience waiting for the right moments playing the long-game pays off.
      Well said, I like you and dont know you, youre cerebral, a thinking man, a Boxingscene treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
        Debate deliberate vs inadvertent? There is no debate. It was as deliberate as they come.

Of course, it was in response to Hopkins being a bit naughty himself, but it was an inappropriate response.

Somebody pointed out he tried to do the same thing to Pascal, although Pascal's balance was a bit harder to unsettle. I don't have that clip to hand.
        He deliberately pushed him off. He didn't deliberately throw him, IMO. And even if you think he did, which I don't, he certainly didn't think about it - it was pure instinct. It wasn't at all pre-meditated, and if the fight had been able to be continued, he almost certainly wouldn't have had more than a warning for it. As such, it even if you consider that it was a foul, it can't be considered a serious enough foul to have cost him the fight. But the eventual No Contest verdict was clearly correct.
        Last edited by Dave Rado; 04-26-2012, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SAJ10 View Post
          People are taking way too much from the first fight.

i thought the first two rounds were fairly even with little to split them.

Hopkins always feels you out early - uses footwork, frustrates, even if you win the round - you get more and more frustrated and he neutralises you and I think he would have started to pick Dawson off from 4 onwards.

I watched a programme tonight about Leopards - how there the cat in the jungle that has survived and while Lions, tigers and other cats - the numbers are diminishing.

Unlike Lions and Tigers, they're not the Strongest aexcellent point i agree 100% wouldnt be surprised if hopkins wins. nd unlike Cheaters not the fastest.

But they're the smartest - and make the most of what they've got.

They are not wild or impulsive - they have a game-plan for day to day life that ensures their survival - everything's planned meticulously and they know when to go for the kill and when to wait for the right moment, not to put themselves in danger.

They've even stalk the rivals to find out about their habits and understand them and look for weaknesses.

Hopkins is a Leopard - not the biggest, strongest, quickest but the smartest.

Studies his opponents inside out - always a game plan to neutralise them and is the master of patience like the Leopard - which is why the smart Leopard survives and the stronger, bigger, quicker cats are dwindling.

Dawson can beat Hopkins - age has to become a factor at some point, but i wouldn't be at all surprised to see B-Hop pull it off again.

Close early 4/5 rounds Dawson possibly ahead - then Hopkins starts to find his rythym and openings as Dawson like the Lion suffers mental lapses at periods in the fight - the Leopard with concentration and patience waiting for the right moments playing the long-game pays off.
          Have to agree here wouldn't be surprised if hopkins wins after dawson lost to pascal who was a a lot stronger than him and broke him down later in the fight dawson loses focus and hopkins will take over.

Comment

Working...
          X