Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think it's safe to say, Mayweather has probably the best defence in boxing history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Manny not a pressure fighter? Seriously dude?
    He isn't a pressure fighter. Why is this news to people? Manny sucks at chasing people around the ring and he's horrible at cutting the ring off. The old Manny was a punches in bunches swarmer, sure. The new Manny is a boxer-puncher who mainly stays in the center of the ring. No Manny isn't and never was a pressure fighter.

Comment

I may not like Floyd inside or outside of the ring, but I'd be wrong to deny that he's an ATG defensive fighter.

Comment

Is this all you do? Make threads about Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by AliBombaye View Post
          Oh lord, do I have to point out the obvious.

Tim Bradley never been KO'd.

Brandon Rios never been KO'd.

Marquez never been KO'd.

Manny not KO'ing those guys that have NEVER been KO'd before doesn't mean he cannot hurt lil' Floyd.
          Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Well Floyd has never been KO'd either.
          amazing aint it..........

Comment

He's definitely in the conversation. I think prime Pernell was better defensively though.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
              The thread subject says he probably has the best defence in history, yet in the first post you claim he's head and shoulders beyond anyone else?

I doubt it tbh, anyone who gets rocked by a shot Shane Mosley shouldn't be in the conversation.
              so you cant get hit by a professional boxer in a professional boxing match??????? what the fk kind of ish is this???????

Comment

He is the biggest illusion and fraud in boxing, a hype undefeated, gets casuals to believe his hype, but rarely fought when the Welters were deep. His defense is good against flat foot guys, but when a guy gets on his toes and fights with angles he gets popped with simple jabs, look at the cotto fight, also he is conservative with his punches, never opens up, when he throws combos he gets hit and his accuracy goes down. PAC had a higher accuracy ratio when he fought cotto than Floyd did against a damaged and shot cotto. Roy was so elusive in his prime, sweet pea was a mongoose, James toney in his prime form is better than Floyd. Sweet pea and tones fought different style fighters, if Floyd fought a prime Paul Williams, prime pacquiao and came out flawless and toyed with them yes he would have had the best defense in the history of boxing. But I can't give that to him, when he gets hit by slow tailor made maidan, who Devon Alexander pitched a shut out against and a one eye bloated shot morales put a boxing,lesson on with one eye shut.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  He is the biggest illusion and fraud in boxing, a hype undefeated, gets casuals to believe his hype, but rarely fought when the Welters were deep. His defense is good against flat foot guys, but when a guy gets on his toes and fights with angles he gets popped with simple jabs, look at the cotto fight, also he is conservative with his punches, never opens up, when he throws combos he gets hit and his accuracy goes down. PAC had a higher accuracy ratio when he fought cotto than Floyd did against a damaged and shot cotto. Roy was so elusive in his prime, sweet pea was a mongoose, James toney in his prime form is better than Floyd. Sweet pea and tones fought different style fighters, if Floyd fought a prime Paul Williams, prime pacquiao and came out flawless and toyed with them yes he would have had the best defense in the history of boxing. But I can't give that to him, when he gets hit by slow tailor made maidan, who Devon Alexander pitched a shut out against and a one eye bloated shot morales put a boxing,lesson on with one eye shut.
                  Let's carry on acting like he's still in his prime and isn't 37 years old.

Comment

I would say it's possible for him to be the best defensive fighter ever.

1. Floyd Mayweather
                    2. Willie Pep
                    3. Pernell Whitaker
                    4. Nicolino Locche

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                      We can all talk about Willie Pep, Pernell Whitaker and Sugar Ray Robinson. Worth mentioning Bernard Hopkins, James Toney, Jack Johnson and Nicolino Locche.

But Mayweather is the greatest defensive fighter we have ever seen. He approaches not getting hit with the mental dexterity of a savant, and is head and shoulders beyond anyone else in the history of the sport.
                      It was shocking to see Shane Mosley actually hit him cleanly, let alone rock him badly. But all Mayweather did for the rest of the night was become Mariano Rivera, and close him out.

Whatever your feelings on Floyd, he's an unquestioned all-time great and one of the greatest fighters to have ever lived.

He's an extremely athletic blend of Roy Jones and James Toney, with an emphasis on defense first and foremost.
                      Mosley looked like he needed a breathing pump or something after a few rounds. Mosley was gassed after a few rounds. His corner was very concerned for his well-being and it had NOTHING to do with Floyd. It had more to do with Mosley.

Others who have used Floyd's defense and actually took on relatively risky opponents were defeated. While it's a very good defensive tactic used by Floyd, it can be beat if he faced the right fighter ..... but we all know that Floyd says that he is entitled not to face those type of opponents and is entitled to put his opponents at a disadvantage (AKA - CW, pillow gloves ....)

Comment

Working...
                      X