No announcement yet.

ESPN Max Kellerman >>>>>>>> HBO Max Kellerman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Max Kellerman >>>>>>>> HBO Max Kellerman

Max and Marcellus is a great radio show. Sports Nation is a great tv show. Max' commentary on HBO is not as good. He seems nervous on HBO to me. He doesn't seem nearly as comfortable. And he's funnier on ESPN as well.

On ESPN there isn't some HBO executive breathing down his neck making sure he's sucking off the house fighter 24/7 and trashing the other fighter. On ESPN he's able to speak his mind. On HBO he's a slave to the network. Max is a fan of the sweet science but when the time calls for it, he's forced to hype up fighters whose style doesn't account for his viewing pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
      Max and Marcellus is a great radio show. Sports Nation is a great tv show. Max' commentary on HBO is not as good. He seems nervous on HBO to me. He doesn't seem nearly as comfortable. And he's funnier on ESPN as well.
      HBO producers probably be in his ear during the telecast too much and don't let him be himself

Comment

He use to express himself after fights and I'm sure they got in his ear about it on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
          Yea, his radio show is hilarious. Listen to it everyday. They talk too much lakers, but it's an LA show, so that's expected. Otherwise, the show is excellent.

He is much more reserved on TV. Last night on the Atlantic City broadcast, he seemed kinda nervous taking over the Lampley role.

Comment

Good points. Kind of weird when you think about it isn't it? HBO is generally considered an uncensored network where anything goes. ESPN is owned by Disney so you would think that would be much more likely to make someone not be able to be themselves

Comment

Espn Max was much more of a bias fanboy which fits that gossipy female talk show vibe they have going. He keeps it in check on Hbo.

Hbo Max >>>>>>>>>> Espn Max

Comment

Working...
              X