Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOP RANK, GB trading off on a one fight deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOP RANK, GB trading off on a one fight deal?

With the well known hate between GB and TOP RANK the thought that Bradley is even being considered for a Mayweather fight makes me wonder whether there could be a possible negotiation for Bradley to fight Mayweather and give all promotion operation to GB and then GB allow one of their fighters to go fight a TR fighter with all the promotion going to TR. Being that a possible Mayweather v Bradley fight is high profile and big captial kind of fight, GB would have to respond in kind. Possibly letting Abner Mares go over to TR and fighting Donaire. Crazy but possible.

Originally posted by LHRH89 View Post
    With the well known hate between GB and TOP RANK the thought that Bradley is even being considered for a Mayweather fight makes me wonder whether there could be a possible negotiation for Bradley to fight Mayweather and give all promotion operation to GB and then GB allow one of their fighters to go fight a TR fighter with all the promotion going to TR. Being that a possible Mayweather v Bradley fight is high profile and big captial kind of fight, GB would have to respond in kind. Possibly letting Abner Mares go over to TR and fighting Donaire. Crazy but possible.
    Trading mares for Bradley is not a fair trade at all

Comment

I doubt it. Goldenboy said they'd like to do this before but Arum shut it down

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        I doubt it. Goldenboy said they'd like to do this before but Arum shut it down
        ^this
        arum is the one who refuses to work with gb.

this from article regarding arum response to this:
        "But, he said, fighters are not like baseball cards. They aren’t traded back and forth between promoters in a flippant fashion."

Comment

Not saying it would have to be Mares, it could possibly be someone else, but if it did happen then sending Mares would be what I'd hope for.

Comment

Mayweather is not a GoldenBoy fighter

Comment

Maybe Bradley is in the process of buying himself out of Top rank, He seem to be very cautions when it comes to signing contracts and according to some on here he only has one more fight with Top rank (Arum claims he two years left). So we have to wait and see but I would be surprise if Mayweather fights Bradley over Guerrero because the latter brings the Latino fan base with him while Bradley considerably brings much less.

Comment

Here's another reason I wouldn't mind seeing Floyd-Bradley. It would be as solid a win as Guerrero would be right now, probably better just because I think Bradley is a better fighter. Also.....I wouldn't mind seeing Guerrero get a couple wins in 2013 against guys like Maidana, Alexander/Brook, Ortiz, and than fighting Floyd in 2014. It would be a considerably bigger fight if Guerrero were to do that, and I'm pretty sure Floyd intends on fighting past this year.

Comment

If this gets us the fight that we want to watch between Mares vs Donarie thats cool but who the f**k wants to see Bradley vs Mayweather no thanks. On Cinco De Mayo I would rather watch the Ghost vs Mayweather. Come on now get it together.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                    Mayweather is not a GoldenBoy fighter
                    Yes he is. Only reason they dont officially coem out and say it is for Mayweather pride. although he has special privileges he is technically a GBP fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X