Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did rap music get so emo & depressing???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did rap music get so emo & depressing???

Wiz Khalifa. Kid Cudi, Big K.R.I.T they all have like 2-3 upbeat songs on their last CD, the rest are just slow and depressing. They got skills but their music is so damn slow. I like smoking weed like the next guy but ***** when that's all your music revolves around that gets old and depressing real fast.

Big Boi's last album > all of em. Killer Mike > all of em. X-Clusive > all of em.

Then people don't understand why I ****s wit Gucci & Waka. At least their upbeat and fun. This song...better then any of the songs on their albums besides maybe Big K.R.I.T's "Country *****(remix)" GUCCI BEAT EM AT THEY OWN *****!!! hahaha

And he ain't even half the rapper as some of them but still kills em! And the other guy in this song isn't ****in annoying haha

Last edited by $Bullsfam$; 04-05-2011, 03:51 PM.

I listen to Papoose when i need to stroke my **** to release my rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Ramos View Post
      I listen to Papoose when i need to stroke my **** to release my rocks.
      Ya`ll belong on W.B
      Coolio is so whacky, it's disgusting
      most rappers on the West Coast
      don't even like you
      trust me
      and E-40 I gotta talk about you
      your style's so annoying
      I just wanna smack the **** out you
      And Snoop?
      I don't know where to begin
      There should be a sin
      to be a millionaire and be so thin
      But on the real
      when you first got the deal
      you was the man
      I swear to god Snoop
      I used to be your fan
      What happened?
      Now everything you make sucks
      Now you're just like all these
      other commercial dumb ****s

Comment

You still young man. If positive, uplifting lyrics and deep, introspective music is depressing to you then that says a lot about who you are. Not knocking your preference but if all you like is guns, cars, drugs and hoes, and the next hot dance of the season, then you're one dimensional.

Ps. I'm talking about KRIt and Cole in this post. **** Wiz and Cudi.

Comment

Nothing wrong with gucci- that's pretty much all we bump

my best memories with this one lol ^
          Last edited by DARKSEID; 04-05-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
            You still young man. If positive, uplifting lyrics and deep, introspective music is depressing to you then that says a lot about who you are. Not knocking your preference but if all you like is guns, cars, drugs and hoes, and the next hot dance of the season, then you're one dimensional.

Ps. I'm talking about KRIt and Cole in this post. **** Wiz and Cudi.
            Well I mean yeah if your hitting your mid like crisis then thats all you hahaha Just don't carry any guns around you.

I'm always tryna have fun. Theres too much ***** in the world to worry about thats depressing, last thing I need is my music making me reflect on life, bad choices and *****.

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
            Nothing wrong with gucci- that's pretty much all we bump

my best memories with this one lol ^
            I FEEL YA 100% ON THAT!!! Thats all we bump as well. The first time I heard Gucci was "stupid" and we were driving all around lancaster ****in county lookin for bud it's was getting mad stupid and ridiculous. Then the song completely backed that up hahah

The lickerish is definitely ridiculous...

Comment

ask kanye the soft azz ***ot west...

Comment

Hip Hop started out depressing, maybe, you didn't know that cause your 14 years old...

Comment

It's alwaybeen like that.but when u listen to gucci n wacka? Idk what to really tell u

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
                    It's alwaybeen like that.but when u listen to gucci n wacka? Idk what to really tell u
                    Originally posted by Billionz Rican View Post
                    Hip Hop started out depressing, maybe, you didn't know that cause your 14 years old...
                    Um, no not really. You just lied twice.

Sugar Hill Gang's Rapper's Delight was a VERY fun song. NWA, Tupac, and Biggy were inspirational and their gangsta ***** got me hype. They have their slow tracks BUT NO EVERY ****IN SONG.

Comment

Working...
                    X