The Australian BLASTS Mundine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Australian BLASTS Mundine

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225898186984

Bit unfair to Ryan Waters in some ways..

yeah, thereporter must be a green fan! Waters is better than medley and all of the argentina guys he fights.... at least this time he's aiming for a big name fight "Miguel Cotto" cant wait too see how it works out

Comment

Originally posted by KoolWillie View Post
      yeah, thereporter must be a green fan! Waters is better than medley and all of the argentina guys he fights.... at least this time he's aiming for a big name fight "Miguel Cotto" cant wait too see how it works out
      There is no way Mundine would fight Cotto. Just no way.

Mundine is done as a serious fighter. He will just fight Waters, other local fighters and a few more South Americans until he is completely done.

He is no longer a serious boxer.

Comment

To be fair, I think that the article is more of a media rally against Mundine promotions. They don't give out credentials to press that gives them any negative coverage. I'm guessing that a paper such as The Australian would feel that by silencing dissenters Mundine's camp is unethically eliminating their accountability.
        The reporters who are allowed access are put in a bad position knowing that only rave reviews will get them a seat at the next fight.

... so I've got to respect them for going all out, it's just a pity that Waters gets a of a hiding in the process. Collateral damage, I suppose.

Comment

Also, is this true? Is Waters better than Medley?

Comment

That's the same Ryan Waters who bashed a female security guard after being asked to leave a nightclub, and had to go to rehab to avoid a jail sentence. What a coward.

It's laughable that either thinks Miguel Cotto would deign to fight him. Just laughable.

I'm glad journalists are finally calling out Mundine and Green for the charlatans they are. Who gives two hoots if a convicted woman basher gets caught in the crossfire?

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
              That's the same Ryan Waters who bashed a female security guard after being asked to leave a nightclub, and had to go to rehab to avoid a jail sentence. What a coward.

It's laughable that either thinks Miguel Cotto would deign to fight him. Just laughable.

I'm glad journalists are finally calling out Mundine and Green for the charlatans they are. Who gives two hoots if a convicted woman basher gets caught in the crossfire?
              Wasn't aware of that! Any chance of a link?

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
                Wasn't aware of that! Any chance of a link?
                Wow, rare appearance from mg. Hope **** is well mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                  Also, is this true? Is Waters better than Medley?
                  I'd take Medley over Waters any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
                    I'd take Medley over Waters any day.
                    As would I, based on what I have seen.

Its a sign of where things are at that I was pretty happy when Mundine took the Medley fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X