Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't sleep anymore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wake up early in the morning so that you can sleep early.
    do some long walks

Comment

Step 1

Step 2 :wank:

Step 3 :wank: (with a vengeance)

Step 4

If it doesn't work repeat step 2 and 3 until you pass out

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
        Seriously brahs, I can't remember the last time I managed to get a good nights sleep. Every morning I wake up like I haven't even been to sleep.. I just want peace and tranquility. Most nights is an uphill struggle for me to get to sleep. To much thinking, and stress that I've kept on the quiet for a long time. My mind is never at peace, and I've come to realize - I can't keep going on like this anymore. I've been procrastinating for a while and I need to confront this behavior. I need to start doing and taking action. I know I'm the only can help myself. I'm not here for sympathy, I'm here to rise above and confront these demons.

Has anyone had this issue before or been in a dark place?

I know it isn't the answer but do sleeping meds actually work guys? I literally need to be KO'd to go to sleep..
        Hormonal imbalance.....too much cortisol and adrenaline running through your veins....take some Melatonin it'll help

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
          The key to a goodnight sleep ^^^
          I do eat a fair amount of veggies in fairness. My diet is more healthy. I don't eat any fast-food at all these days. I'm not overweight or anything, I'm an ectomorph. I have stopped going to to the gym though the past year or two. I recognize I need to start doing something more productive.

Originally posted by TheNegation View Post
          I personally have legitimate insomnia. I don't know exactly when I developed it but I was diagnosed about 3 years ago. Now I don't know if you do, but a lack of sleep can be devastating to your life.

Not only was it hard for me to keep my sanity but it was almost impossible to keep a job because of my sleep issues.

Go to your doctor and figure out what's going on and possibly get on something. I personally have been on Trazadone for the last 2 years. Insurance covers it and for me it's only $4 for each refill. I pop 75mg before I'm ready to head to bed, 15 minutes later I'm drowsy and my motor functions are comparable to being drunk, 2 minutes later I'm out. I stay asleep all night and wake up with absolutely no hangover or grogginess.

Ignore the pseudo-scientists in this thread telling you to change your diet. I workout like an animal and my diet is near impeccable and it doesn't do dick when it come to relaxing your brain enough for you to go to sleep. I've done meditation, yoga, masturbating up to 3 times prior to trying to go to bed, even sensory deprivation and it didn't work. I sit my bed for hours tossing and turning with my mind racing. At some point you have to accept that you may have a psychological disorder. Not some imbalance in your diet.
          That's what I'm contemplation at the moment. My mind just isn't right, I never feel at peace. I'm always thinking, and sometimes my mind isn't even paying attention to what is going on in work. I'm a million miles away sometimes and my attention span these days is appalling. I can't focus or concentrate. I think I may have ADD but the lack of sleep is topping me over. I can't function properly anymore and it brings your immune down with it.

I'll have to take a trip to the doctors and see what can be done. I think stress could be a major factor in this. As said, I can't keep going on this way. It's not good for my well being to be getting less than 5 hours of sleep a night and its not good sleep either. I'm physically/mentally exhausted because of this.

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
          Post 2 was good. What about your bed mattress? Might wanna change it and get one of those they promote on television. I might get one of those even though I have no sleeping problems. I can't fall asleep if I try to sleep on my side on the current mattress and have to start out on my back.
          I actually have a new mattress that I paid a lot of money for recently. I thought it may help me get to sleep better. It's more comfortable and all, but I still cannot get to sleep properly. So it's defiantly not that.
          Last edited by Uturn; 03-06-2013, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
            I do eat a fair amount of veggies in fairness. My diet is more healthy. I don't eat any fast-food at all these days. I'm not overweight or anything, I'm an ectomorph. I have stopped going to to the gym though the past year or two. I recognize I need to start doing something more productive.

That's what I'm contemplation at the moment. My mind just isn't right, I never feel at peace. I'm always thinking, and sometimes my mind isn't even paying attention to what is going on in work. I'm a million miles away sometimes and my attention span these days is appalling. I can't focus or concentrate. I think I may have ADD but the lack of sleep is topping me over. I can't function properly anymore and it brings your immune down with it.

I'll have to take a trip to the doctors and see what can be done. I think stress could be a major factor in this. As said, I can't keep going on this way. It's not good for my well being to be getting less than 5 hours of sleep a night and its not good sleep either. I'm physically/mentally exhausted because of this.

I actually have a new mattress that I paid a lot of money for recently. I thought it may help me get to sleep better. It's more comfortable and all, but I still cannot get to sleep properly. So it's defiantly not that.
            You sound exactly like me.

I think it is anxiety.

Let me know what the doctor suggests mate.

Comment

Working...
            X