No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Yigit Goes Sauerland, Makes Pro Debut on 4/13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Yigit Goes Sauerland, Makes Pro Debut on 4/13

Team Sauerland is delighted to announce the signing of Swedish amateur star Anthony Yigit. The welterweight will be making his professional debut at Arena Nord in Frederikshavn, Denmark on April 13 as part of Team Sauerland’s Nordic Fight Night. ''I am thrilled to have signed with Team Sauerland,’’ said Yigit. ‘’I cannot wait to make my professional debut on April 13.''

A successful amateur, Yigit travelled to London for the 2012 Olympics defeating Francisco Vargas Ramirez in the first round before losing by a single point to eventual Silver medallist Denys Berinchyk in what many boxing experts described as the best fight of the competition. ''For many athletes, just to qualify for the Olympics is a lifelong dream,'' said Yigit. ''When I qualified I knew that I had to show everyone that I was there to compete. I was disappointed to have lost such a close fight but the response for the fight was fantastic and it felt great to have left my mark in this way.''
    [Click Here To Read More]

"... losing by a single point to eventual Silver medallist Denys Berinchyk in what many boxing experts described as the best fight of the competition."

Can only cosign this after having seen all fights of the Olympics. Yigit's style just suits the pros and he will raise some eyebrows! Looking forward to seeing him progress!!!
    Last edited by sweet-s; 02-13-2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X