No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao signs extension with Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    VERY wishful thinking. I don't buy it. Especially with Floyd saying a month ago that he has no idea when he'll fight again and with Ellerbe saying Manny can't tell Floyd s**t.

I doubt this fight happens ever. But damn I hope it does next year.
    I think that could be all part of the act too, atleast the Floyd part. I think the Ellerbe part was halfway serious because Pac said some things that made Floyd look bad but Pac had no choice really since he's on TV for the JMM fight and people are asking him questions.

They probably are upset that Pac is saying he'll take 45 because it makes it look like he backed Floyd into a corner if Floyd now takes the fight when really it was already agreed upon behind closed doors. I think all the 50 meetings with Koncz & Arum are about the fight and there are more guys involoved also that have had meetings.

However, I wont deny that it may be a lil wishful thinking on my part but Pac resigning and being guaranteed a Floyd fight that even Pac himself isnt dumb enough to know cant be guaranteed means there have been some real talks going on behind scenes. To me its not a conicendence that all this is going on the same time we are hearing all this 50 cent news, etc. I think something is going on

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Floyd's mind isn't on boxing right now and the rift between he and 50 is pretty real. You don't call your best friend "not too bright" to the public and imply that his fiancee is a golddigger for play. Don't think this contract has anything to do with Floyd, quite frankly.
      you do say that kinda stuff if you can turn around and play it off like you only said it because we were really making something major happen behind the scenes and everyone fell for it

Comment

Well, expect Pac to face the winner of Rios-Alvarado winner(if Pac beats JMM).

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
          What happens if pac looses to marquez?
          "It's just business", just go ahead and bet the house on Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            you do say that kinda stuff if you can turn around and play it off like you only said it because we were really making something major happen behind the scenes and everyone fell for it
            Ain't nothing going behind the scene. These 2 groups haven't come to an agreement. U guys make it seem like these 2 guys works for the us secret service or something. If there's talks behind PAC and Floyd we would know. What's the benefit from keeping it a secret???

Comment

I think that could be all part of the act too, atleast the Floyd part. I think the Ellerbe part was halfway serious because Pac said some things that made Floyd look bad but Pac had no choice really since he's on TV for the JMM fight and people are asking him questions.

They probably are upset that Pac is saying he'll take 45 because it makes it look like he backed Floyd into a corner if Floyd now takes the fight when really it was already agreed upon behind closed doors. I think all the 50 meetings with Koncz & Arum are about the fight and there are more guys involoved also that have had meetings.

However, I wont deny that it may be a lil wishful thinking on my part but Pac resigning and being guaranteed a Floyd fight that even Pac himself isnt dumb enough to know cant be guaranteed means there have been some real talks going on behind scenes. To me its not a conicendence that all this is going on the same time we are hearing all this 50 cent news, etc. I think something is going on
              if anything floyd is watching to see what happens. The results of Cotto/Trout and Manny/JMM are obviously extremely important. Cotto loses and Manny doesn't KTFO of JMM, then floyd likely fights Canelo in May.

Cotto wins big, then he fights Canelo. Floyd does Manny in April/May then Canelo/Cotto winner (assume Canelo) in November or next May.

Floyd is just surveying the landscape. But I agree with IMDAZED, i think the floyd/50 thing is real. You betray floyd or burn him and he never forgets and holds onto it forever. Ask his pops.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  if anything floyd is watching to see what happens. The results of Cotto/Trout and Manny/JMM are obviously extremely important. Cotto loses and Manny doesn't KTFO of JMM, then floyd likely fights Canelo in May.

Cotto wins big, then he fights Canelo. Floyd does Manny in April/May then Canelo/Cotto winner (assume Canelo) in November or next May.

Floyd is just surveying the landscape. But I agree with IMDAZED, i think the floyd/50 thing is real. You betray floyd or burn him and he never forgets and holds onto it forever. Ask his pops.
                  forget about this post. just saw update where Arum said rios/bam bam winner is possible for Manny in April.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    forget about this post. just saw update where Arum said rios/bam bam winner is possible for Manny in April.
                    smoke screen

Comment

smoke screen
                      i hope you are right.

Comment

Working...
                      X