• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holyfield said the same.

Maybe Roy will fight on in his 50s too

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      I first realized Roy was out of his prime in the 1st fight against Tarver.

Prime Roy never stood in one spot more than 2 seconds. Look at the Toney fight for starters.

Now a days he never moves more than 2 seconds. Damn shame what this has turned into.

But either way, I'll always support the GOAT.
      It's nice to know you are a fan of Sugar Ray Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
        Roy was not out of his prime in that 1st Tarver fight or the 2nd. Stop it man stop it.

Give Tarver some god damn credit.
        Roy was out of his prime.

If you've ever seen prime Roy fight you'd know he never laid against the ropes and let someone hit him.

He always fought with movement. Never stood in one place longer than a few seconds.

Matter of fact, look at the Toney fight, then look at the Tarver fight and ask yourself again if you notice a HUGE difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          It's nice to know you are a fan of Sugar Ray Robinson
          Disagree man.

I know people like to poke holes in his resume, but if we're talking about the most complete fighter balled up into one, it's prime RJJ for me.

You put any man at the same weight across from a prime RJJ and Roy wins every time.

He did things in the ring that's never been done before and boxing is an old ass sport.

It's all subjective at the end of the day, but it's Roy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Disagree man.

I know people like to poke holes in his resume, but if we're talking about the most complete fighter balled up into one, it's prime RJJ for me.

You put any man at the same weight across from a prime RJJ and Roy wins every time.

He did things in the ring that's never been done before and boxing is an old ass sport.

It's all subjective at the end of the day, but it's Roy for me.
            You are talking about a PRime RJJ at 168, a weight division which lacks a lot of history. It started in the late 80's...

RJJ was not a complete fighter.

he had massive flaws and I could list at least a dozen.

At 175 the likes of Spinks who was 6'3 with great power in both hands and a awkard as hell style would have knocked him out cold.

Foster/Johnson/Charles all had a good chance at least 50-50.

I would even pick the 175 version of Moorer to be 50-50 against any version of RJJ 168-175.

To say that one of the most technically flawwed fighters HAD NO FLAWS and was the MOST COMPLETE fighter ever is a god damn joke.

Comment

Roy should have just stayed at HW and get knocked out by Lennox Lewis than call it a day.

This would

1- Save his legacy

2- Give us a great highlight reel.

Comment

God doesn't know what he's doing.

Comment

Delusional.

Comment

If gid hasnt asked to retire by now then god doesnt know **** about boxing

Comment

I wanna see Roy fight Yoan Pablo Hernandez right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X