Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding PAC's one-dimensionality against boxers fighting backing up...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
    the problem here is with floyd fans using the mosley fight to reason pac not knowing how to cut the ring off...well , he won all 12 rounds, something floyd failed to do....

cutting the ring off is also needed when youre trying to avoid attck and create angles to attack and pac did an excellent job vs margo (whos way better than baldomir)..

i did'nt see that kinda of effeciency of floyd vs baldomir...he ran , but iguess some call that "adjusment"..lol
    call me when floyd gets ko'd by 2 cab drivers and out boxed by a lightweight

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
      call me when floyd gets ko'd by 2 cab drivers and out boxed by a lightweight
      i wont be calling you...but call me when you can say floyd has never looked unimpressive in his whole carreer..actaully he's had more unimprssive perfromances (even technically speaking ) than pac..

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
        Floyd cant cut off the ring either.

He's never really had to do it. Almost always on the backfoot or on the inside.
        Of course he can cut off the ring, you need to get your eyes checked.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          The adjustment is very easy for Pac to make, he showed he can box well in the middle when he fought David Diaz he waited patiently and played counter puncher, he didn';t chase because he didn't take the lead.Anytime Pac tries to attack he sets up the story for the whole fight, his opponent will just run back. When he waits patiently and just uses his footwork he becomes impressive and can sneak awkward angled punches that you can;t see.

Pacquiao seems to have ADD, he looks bored, unless there is a real threat he will fight wild and chase guys, and he throws punches while going forward which is VERY easy to counter, you never throw or lunge agianst mover ever, he cut them off with your feet because they can time and predict your punch coming making it easy to step back or side step.

This is why I think Freddie Roach is not a good match for Pac, Roach gets too much credit but the truth is Michael Moorer was a much better coach for Manny, go watch 24/7 Hatton vs Pacquiao, Moorer was the eyes and the strategist who was correcting Pacs flaws and always reminding Pac of Hattons moves and to use counters. Roach was just the mitt man.

Roach has hindered Pacs growth, this is why I consider Pacman one of the greatest natural self taught fighters, he has beaten guys who have a higher ring IQ and technical boxing than him without a real trainer.

Watch old videos of Pac hitting the mitts with Buboy before they got with roach, Pac uses the same punch combos that he uses with roach even before he got with Roach.

Roach would never have been this famous or great if Pac never walked in his doors.
          the red bold....Diaz can be boxed by ANYBODY....he's a non-factor!!
          the blue bold....its called waiting and countering when Manny does it but its called RUNNING when used AGAINST him
          black bold...that word "RUN" is a code word for the Pac supporters...it means, Manny isn't THAT good of a boxer but dudes can't admit it....they're in too deep...so deep that they REALLY believe Floyd and their man are equal...no they REALLY believe that....nothing will change that just like nothing anybody says will change the fact that ALMOST everybody who understands the sport is certain Floyd would beat Manny...that right there is enough to start a riot in Mannyville....like I said, dudes are in too deep...so deep that they feel insulted by other ppl's opinions on who would win that fight...crazy!!

@ the part about Roach...REAL TALK!!!!....I've been saying this stuff for a few years now...after Manny and Khan been looking average, dudes seem to wanna jump on the "Roach is Overrated" bandwagon....I'm the driver of this wagon, anybody can hop on....next stop, Vegas....Chavez Jr will fire him after he gets spanked by Maravilla

Comment

People really need to watch some of Pac's fights earlier in his career. His style and abilities have changed. He used to be much better at hunting down and taking out guys who boxed him, but moving up in weight he needed to change because of the size disadvantages he faces.

Comment

And other than Marquez and Morales, Pacquiao has never looked anything close to "average" against boxers. He doesn't look amazing, but he's still far from average.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                People really need to watch some of Pac's fights earlier in his career. His style and abilities have changed. He used to be much better at hunting down and taking out guys who boxed him, but moving up in weight he needed to change because of the size disadvantages he faces.
                Yeah Roach changed his style from seek and destroy to punch and move, now he can't reverse that change. Roach is a good trainer but he's one-dimensional.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                  i wont be calling you...but call me when you can say floyd has never looked unimpressive in his whole carreer..actaully he's had more unimprssive perfromances (even technically speaking ) than pac..
                  Impossibe.Mannts been ko'd 2 times,outboxed several times and floored b y a damn jab.he has even punched himself in the damn face

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    And other than Marquez and Morales, Pacquiao has never looked anything close to "average" against boxers. He doesn't look amazing, but he's still far from average.
                    He looked average as hell with Bradley

Comment

Pacquiao likes to get off first which is great for counter punching opponents. If he ever fights Mayweather he should try and do what Barrera did against Naseem and fight a very controlled safe fight, closing down but letting Mayweather throw first and come back with quick combo's.

Comment

Working...
                      X