Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Days When Boxers Fought Every Month 1/2...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Days When Boxers Fought Every Month 1/2...

Will we ever see the days when Marquee boxers fight every other month?

I'm 28 and at the rate we're going, I will only see maybe 12 good/mega fights before I reach 40. Something's gotta chage....

i dont think fighting more often will get us more "mega fights" i think fighters need to stop being so diva-ish would help.
    also having fighters make the most out of their premium cable opportunities
    there needs to be a line drawn and make fighters realize that there's only so much money to go around.
    maybe more tournaments might help more stars/better fighters.
    see fighters need to consistently fight strong opposition, too many fighters are getting away with fighting a recognized name or getting a cheap paper title and a lot of fighters fight a lot tune ups, i understand fighting tune ups are necessary maybe after a terrible loss or a long lay off. but also these guys fight no hopers in their tune ups.

fighters need to stop being so content on their promoters picking their fights and need to be willing to fight tough opposition..

Comment

Originally posted by McFearless View Post
      i dont think fighting more often will get us more "mega fights" i think fighters need to stop being so diva-ish would help.
      also having fighters make the most out of their premium cable opportunities
      there needs to be a line drawn and make fighters realize that there's only so much money to go around.
      maybe more tournaments might help more stars/better fighters.
      see fighters need to consistently fight strong opposition, too many fighters are getting away with fighting a recognized name or getting a cheap paper title and a lot of fighters fight a lot tune ups, i understand fighting tune ups are necessary maybe after a terrible loss or a long lay off. but also these guys fight no hopers in their tune ups.

fighters need to stop being so content on their promoters picking their fights and need to be willing to fight tough opposition..
      for the up and comer or a prospect still, it has been that way mostly since promoters came to being. that's why these fighters get promoters, to get them the big money fights quickly because after all they're the ones risking their lives.

Comment

Allot of guys that fought 100+ fights fought a bunch of bums in the process. Even Sugar Ray Robinson fought guys that had no reason to be in the ring with him (he did beat 5 or 6 HOF fighters). Why would guys like Mayweather and Pacquiao fight more than twice a year if they can make tens of millions by doing what they are doing now. Nobody likes getting hit in the face and at the end of the day most pro fighters are in it for the money not for the love of the game or for the fans.

Comment

Unlikely for the bigger name fighters. You have some exceptions in the past 20 years like Chavez and Toney, but most fighters won't fight that often.

Of course it's money oriented. HW champions were well paid when a lot of other top fighters were fighting 15 times a year. Look at how inactive HW champs were Pre-Louis.

Comment

Working...
          X