Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jose Luis Castillo May Possibly Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang 'em up Jose ; You were an amazing fighter to watch in your prime, and none of us want to see you lose to guys who couldn't lace your boots during your prime.

I hope his financial situation is a bit more stable that it has been.

Comment

I think this would be a good move by Castillo, he has had a great career, which included winning a WBC World Title, fighting some of the best of his era, and being involved in possibly the most exciting fight of this era against Diego Corrales.

In the last few years he has been on the slide and in his recent performances is a shadow of himslef.

Over the years he beat fighters like Stevie Johnston, Juan Lazcano, Joel Casamayor, Julio Diaz, and Diego Corrales. And in alot of people view he was robbed of a victory against Floyd Mayweather the first time they fought.

I wound't begrudge him a Hall Of Fame spot........

Comment

It's about time he retired, to say he has lost a step would be being overly kind.

Comment

Best of luck in your boxing afterlife. One of my all-time favorites. The epitome of a Mexican warrior.

Comment

yes its very sad/weird. he was a great warrior and hope he finds peace in retirement.

Originally posted by The Dapeedreean View Post
            Travel well brave warrior.
            Anyone find it kinda creepy this comes out on the 2nd year anniversary of Chico's death?
            I swear these two will be joined at the hip of history forever.

Comment

Great fighter, and I hope he does not have any financial problems. It would suck if he did because the guy has given us great memory's and should live a happy life.

Comment

I thought he already retired

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
                  I think this would be a good move by Castillo, he has had a great career, which included winning a WBC World Title, fighting some of the best of his era, and being involved in possibly the most exciting fight of this era against Diego Corrales.

In the last few years he has been on the slide and in his recent performances is a shadow of himslef.

Over the years he beat fighters like Stevie Johnston, Juan Lazcano, Joel Casamayor, Julio Diaz, and Diego Corrales. And in alot of people view he was robbed of a victory against Floyd Mayweather the first time they fought.

I wound't begrudge him a Hall Of Fame spot........

Perfectly said although I want to add that he fought all those guys in their PRIMES.

Aside from those early bs losses to cuts i think ppl understimate how good this guy really is. He fought the best 135 comp when it was at one of its most competitive. To put it frankly, Pac Man and Marquez and Valero and all the other 130ers would not be able to just move into lightweight when the prime guys like Castillo were around.

People dont give him credit for crushing Corrales in the rematch even tho their weights on fight night were similar give or take a pound.

And in the second mayweather fight, after putting damn near no effort he still had a better showing then most do against Floyd, not to mention moving up to 140 and beating a talented fighter like Herman Ngoujo while being completely and utterly shot.

Best of luck to him

Comment

It's about time. Hate seein past prime guys go on cuz they need $.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      I hope his financial situation is a bit more stable that it has been.
                      That's what I was thinking - how's his money these days?

Castillo at 135 is one of the classics. If he's calling it a day, I hope he's able to do it comfortably.

Comment

Working...
                      X