Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Ali win against nowadays top heavies? What is your socio-cutural background?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cnote111 View Post
    Ali is considered an ATG, none of the present day Heavies have anything close to that.
    For example what do current heavies lack that would make them lose against Ali?

They couldn't go 12 rounds with Ali on what grounds?

Comment

Originally posted by knn View Post
      Hahaha, I like it.

There is no shame in being black/white, muslim/non-muslim etc..

I myself am completely unbiased, but I wanted to see how the background may change the perception of Ali and of the current heavies.
      If you were unbiased you wouldnt have downplayed his "best" wins.

Comment

Better question is which Heavy today would beat Ali and how in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
          If you were unbiased you wouldnt have downplayed his "best" wins.
          I am unbiased regarding race. I don't care whether a boxer is black or white.

I am not unbiased regarding Clay aka Ali. Probably because he is a racist.

Does anyone know whether he still believes that white people are being devils who had been genetically created by Mr Yacub, an evil scientist from outer space?

Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali on intermarriage:
          "No intelligent black man or black woman in his or her right black mind wants white boys and white girls coming to their homes to marry their black sons and daughters."
          Last edited by knn; 06-04-2010, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I am unbiased regarding race. I don't care whether a boxer is black or white.

I am not unbiased regarding Clay aka Ali. Probably because he is a racist.

Does anyone know whether he still believes that white people are being devils who had been genetically created by Mr Yacub, an evil scientist from outer space?

Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali on intermarriage:
            "No intelligent black man or black woman in his or her right black mind wants white boys and white girls coming to their homes to marry their black sons and daughters."
            He had already changed his stance from the nation of islam to sunni islam along time ago. He even said that he regretted turning his back on malcom X.
            Those quotes taken from him do not hold any ground now because it is clear that Ali had changed his mind.

Stop calling him "clay". That is not his name.

Comment

NO we are talking about 15 rounds here. They would get stopped.

Comment

Vitali, Wlad and Lennox Lewis would beat the **** out of those midgets from the past.
                Last edited by Orde Street; 06-04-2010, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Ali would have a very hard time beating the Klitschko's with their height and weight. No matter how hard I try, I cannot imagine Ali knocking out Vitali or keeping out of harms way for 12 rounds against him.

Say what you will, but Ali was just too small to beat a heavyweight like Lennox or Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by disolly View Post
                    first, i want to say that i do think ali could beat them all, easily ?? no.
                    vitali and wlad (atleast one of them) would have put up a hell of a fight. come on man, ali was great but he was not unstoppable. the klitschko's have dominated heavyweight for nearly a decade, so badly that the division sucks now, their is no room for guys that are 6'3, 220, in the heavyweight division today. ali has much better skill, speed, and footwork than the brothers but they are 6'7 ish, 250, that is a huge difference. all i am saying is anyone that thinks ali easily beats them both is a bit naive.
                    Very good post. Prime Ali lost to a one dimentional smallish brawler like Frazier but beats Vitali easily?

I just can't grasp who would think such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                      Very good post. Prime Ali lost to a one dimentional smallish brawler like Frazier but beats Vitali easily?

I just can't grasp who would think such a thing.
                      Muhammad Ali lost to frazier when he had taken a three year lay off. In other words he was not in his prime.

Comment

Working...
                      X